Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Aventura Adventure

Brilliant, many thanks!

lovely picd chet!

I just bought the full compliment of LEDs from Tore. Do it!

The bypass is a must as far as I am concerned.

:thumbs:

Hi
Just noticed on your signature that you already run RSR's. In which case I would be a bit careful on what size bypass you go for. You don't want them too loud and attract the attention of plod.
I don't know anybody with bypassed RSR's but at a guess I don't think I would want to go above 1".
RSR's sound pretty good as they are IMHO.
ATB
Steve.

Great pictures, I don't know a lot about the models years but that would have been my dream car as well, what sort of money would you pay for a clean 993 coupe, manual with sensible mileage. I have got an 07 cabriolet s which I bought on impulse in November last year, it is the best thing I have ever owned, I use it most days and it just gets better the cabriolet would not have been first choice but it is great with the roof off. The only thing is they are a bit addictive and I fancy either going younger for a Gen 2 Targa or older for a 993. Just bloody lovely cars but there to be used!!

Attachments

• durham_20140418_00319_330.jpg
    durham_20140418_00319_330.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 8,704
Citori said:
Hi
Just noticed on your signature that you already run RSR's. In which case I would be a bit careful on what size bypass you go for. You don't want them too loud and attract the attention of plod.
I don't know anybody with bypassed RSR's but at a guess I don't think I would want to go above 1".
RSR's sound pretty good as they are IMHO.
ATB
Steve.

I run RSR's and Wayne's remap transformed them. I don't think I could run with sports cats or a bypass as well. I aleady have people turning around to see what's coming :grin:

truckseller said:
Great pictures, I don't know a lot about the models years but that would have been my dream car as well, what sort of money would you pay for a clean 993 coupe, manual with sensible mileage.
You're probably aware the air-cooled market has been rather busy and in demand over the last year or so; here are two threads from recent months, that have discussed 993 values, which will probably help with your question:

- No 993's for sale!!
- What would you sell your car for - NOW.

Citori said:
Hi
Not sure if aimed at me Steve?
My exhaust is current standard with standard tips. Agree RSRs and a bypass would be rather excessive! :yes:

jonttt said:
I run RSR's and Wayne's remap transformed them.

I've been holding back on a Wayne remap whilst I consider the merits of a LWF and/or sports cats but hearing that, maybe should have remap now (I have Fister 2s) and live with it for a bit first. The remap made a big difference to the exhaust note from the improved torque curve?

Riviera Bob said:
jonttt said:
I run RSR's and Wayne's remap transformed them.

I've been holding back on a Wayne remap whilst I consider the merits of a LWF and/or sports cats but hearing that, maybe should have remap now (I have Fister 2s) and live with it for a bit first. The remap made a big difference to the exhaust note from the improved torque curve?

It made a massive difference which I was not expecting, the burble and popping on overrun is awesome, makes me enjoy driving constantly in second gear in traffic, leave a gap, give it some beans, lift, crackle and pop :D

Thanks Jonttt, great news.....I'll book the remap over the summer and look forward to the enhanced crackle and pop from the Fisters.

Hi Ch3tman,

Glad you got one in the end! I totally know what you mean about the handling. I have had mine for just over a year now and on Easter Monday I did a sprint at Croft circuit, mainly just to get to know the car in a safer environment, and it was awesome, so long as you keep the steady gas round the bends it just sticks like glue, I did misjudge a bend and had to lift off and it was a bit scary, but not as bad as i thought and still very controllable. I am running the standard Conti sport contact 2 Porsche spec tyres and really like them, it did make me think how it must be with Toyo R888 :evil:

Interesting people discussing the cracks and pops with the remap.. I do get a bit of that on lift off at the moment with my Fisters - Out of interest do you also get that now as well Bob??

Cheers,
Lig.

Riviera Bob said:
Thanks Jonttt, great news.....I'll book the remap over the summer and look forward to the enhanced crackle and pop from the Fisters.

You may have trouble getting hold of Wayne especially at this time of year. Best to keep texting him and if you can get to 9m in Warrington you'll have a much better chance.

Lig said:
Interesting people discussing the cracks and pops with the remap.. I do get a bit of that on lift off at the moment with my Fisters - Out of interest do you also get that now as well Bob??

Hi Lig....I spent ages listening to sound clips and couldn't decide between Fister 2s or 3s. Wanted to hear them in the flesh but was never going to happen outside the US so plumped for the middle of the road 2s as I do a lot of autoroute driving and was worried if too loud it would become tiresome. I'm very happy with them and get a little crackle on liftoff but maybe more noticeable from the outside rather than in the cab. I would like more which is why I have sports cats as a future idea (but a little worried they'll end up too loud and attract the wrong sort of attention) but reading Jonttt's post I'm now hoping a remap will do the trick instead. It's my first year of ownership so I'm trying to be strict with myself, get the important things done, and live for a while with any mods I do before jumping on to the next one -budget allowing! I love this forum, and it's ever so helpful, but it's easy to overindulge and want everything at once!

Bob

If I get out for a run in mine tomorrow I'll try and get some sound clips as I could do with updating my journal :thumb:

Riviera Bob said:

If you're coming over the Channel on the way to Wayne's you have to pass through Kent so could be worth popping into Powerspeed for a cheeky pair of 100/200cel cats beforehand? Would be rude not to.

Of course on the way back you then pass close to Chris at Center Gravity you know? Just to tie it all together... :whistle:

How do you guys run a sports cat with RSR's and not wear ear muffs :eek:

My BMW is too loud for street use (and track) but I have got used to it. My 993 is quieter but swmbo opens the gate for me when I'm half a mile away as she hears me :nooo: no way I could fit sports cats as well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back