Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The best exhaust for a turbo - the definitive answer please!

+1 for the Speedtech. I have recently installed their 2.5" cross-flow system on my 996TT. Sounds amazing and as quattrosteph mentioned the system is modular so you can switch out sections of the exhaust any time you want to change the sound.

I ordered mine directly from Speedtech in the States. Not aware of any UK distributor.

I have a Kline Innovation system fitted to my 997 Turbo. It looks beautiful and sounds fantastic. It's highly rated by DMS in Southampton and it worked well when used in conjunction with the remap I had.

It shounds fabulous when the turbo kick in, but it gives a better all round sound even when ticking over. I'm going to record some video of the sound at some point so I'll post.

Price wise it's very competitive Approx £2,100 and it comes with a 4 year warranty. They make an Inconel version also which comes with a 99 year warranty!

I narrowed down my choice to either Kline or Speedtech. They are both cross flow systems and sound great. The main reason I chose the Speedtech in the end was the ability to hear the turbos spooling. I spoke to Felix @ Kline about this and he said that the use of 200 cell CATs on the Kline system prevents you from hearing them as clearly as the 100 cell Speedtech setup.

I also liked the sound of the Speedtech a little better but this really is down to personal preference. Both systems are very good IMO.

The best is....

Europipe

http://www.europipe.be/

Look on various 996/997 Turbo forums and you'll see why it is the best out there.

Re: The best is....

areaone said:
Europipe

http://www.europipe.be/

Look on various 996/997 Turbo forums and you'll see why it is the best out there.

I have a stage 2 quiet, very happy with it.

MC

only from experience, i would go for a 9e switchable. item is suitable for further mods regarding the turbos, intercoolers etc....PM me for a chat if you want

Despite QuattroSteph's rather sweeping statement about Cargraphic being rubbish...

I will say that I find the one on my car ideal, they do three sound options and I have the middle option, nice on tick over, pleasing on cruising, and lovely on acceleration.

Mine is coupled to a 9e 38mm IPD and Wide throttle body conversion with Forge DV's and a Revo remap all giving a verified 505bhp and and mid-range torque that I an over the moon with

Opinions, it has been said many times are like @rseoles, everybody has one, at the end of the day, listen to as many as you can, drive as many as you can and go for the one YOU want.

If you can wait a few weeks i have a K Line being built at the moment, that i will be fitting to mine, i will put an update in my project thread in a few weeks.

Thanks for all the replies guys, reckon I've narrowed it down to 3:

Kline
Speedtech
9E

Some of you have kindly offered for me to sample the noise for real, really appreciate that, so hopefully can do that over the next week...

I think that some of them, especially the Kline are that nice looking it is a shame to put the bumper back on again

Jethro said:
I think that some of them, especially the Kline are that nice looking it is a shame to put the bumper back on again

+1

When I got my Kline it was absolutely beautiful. Very well made and so light! I would recommend it without hesitation.

I fitted Europipe to my 997 tt , fantastic aeroquality welding, no droning great sound and performance . The exhaust even comes with the tools to access awkward fittings . I combined it with a Revo reprogram that gives selectable performance, go for it and enjoy the turbo sound.

I have fitted many Sport exhausts on my previous cars, Supersprint and many Milltek on my audi's RS . The Milltek did work really well on V6 bi turbo and the V8 4.2
With 996TT it is really hard to get a great sound, good bark high in the rev band and no drone or vibrations in the cabine. The flow is really important too.
It seems the best sound is with a crossfow/ Xpipe design. With pipes of 2.5" minimum.
Saw a GT2 at the Ring with a Remus in 100 cells and it did sound pretty nice...

Sharkwerks list a couple of the usual suspects. Having paid them a visit on my US trip I get the impression that they only fit and use what works well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back