Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 delays?

Jamie said:
dickdasterdly said:
plavix said:
weejimmy said:
June. One of the first MY2015 cars.
991.2 is due to be announced soon too. :sad:

:coat:

If you were concerned when the next model was out you'd never get one! :starwars:

+1 ^

Yup. Dont get a car when it's first released as you'll be debugging it for them ... also don't get one at the end of the production run or it will be worthless as there is a new model...

By my reckoning that gives about a 5 minute window when you can buy! :dont know:

Just been informed that my June build has now been put back to a July build which would mean I won't be seeing her until f***ing August :damn:

My main issue at the moment is that I put my last car on the market 2 weeks ago & it went straight away so I'm messing about trying to share the wife's.

I've said to the dealer (Porsche Cardiff) that if its any later than the first week of July I want a courtesy car off them. What are my chances I wonder? The date I was initially given was 'end June'.

Bollocks.

dickdasterdly said:
Just been informed that my June build has now been put back to a July build which would mean I won't be seeing her until f***ing August :damn:

My main issue at the moment is that I put my last car on the market 2 weeks ago & it went straight away so I'm messing about trying to share the wife's.

I've said to the dealer (Porsche Cardiff) that if its any later than the first week of July I want a courtesy car off them. What are my chances I wonder? The date I was initially given was 'end June'.

Bollocks.

Speak nicely to Ian and phil at OPC...good luck!

dickdasterdly said:
Just been informed that my June build has now been put back to a July build ...

That's not good. Any reason given? Makes me curious if there is a general delay. I wonder if they GT3 issue is pushing things out of whack, or if they are stepping up on Macan's?

:dont know:

weejimmy said:
dickdasterdly said:
Just been informed that my June build has now been put back to a July build ...

Any reason given? :dont know:
not yet! Hope to find out more over the next few days. It sounds like the factory gives the dealer an approx delivery date at the time of order but a fixed date is not confirmed until they start putting together a proper production schedule closer to the time. Eitherway, i"m a man on a mission now re a courtesy car off them. I'll get a slot on that programme "the complainers" by the time i've finished with the f***ers :grin:

They have agreed to furnish me with a BM until mine arrives in Aug. Am away for a big chunk of July so can live with that :cigar:

Mine arrived at the dealers yesterday! Collecting it tomorrow. :thumbs:

Snuck up there for a crafyt peep yesterday pre PDI and clean...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

dickdasterdly said:
very nice weejimmy! I only have another 2 months to wait :weed:

Savour it. In many ways the anticipation is the best part! :thumb:

Just been given a build date, July 16. And a first week in August delivery to me :yahoo:

Away for 3 weeks in July so this is panning out quite nice.

dickdasterdly said:
Just been given a build date, July 16. And a first week in August delivery to me :yahoo:

Away for 3 weeks in July so this is panning out quite nice.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back