Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Calling dealer to order 4S today...

Maxie said:
911UK said:
have you considered the 991-50 anniversary spec car? it's certainly going to hold it's value better but only in 2wd

This may well be its 4wd equivalent; it's certainly my favourite factory variant of the 4S.

~ Maxie :)
Each to their own, but that is the dullest colour I've ever seen. :hand:
Otherwise it's a great spec.

Hummer said:
Maxie said:
This may well be its 4wd equivalent; it's certainly my favourite factory variant of the 4S.

~ Maxie :)
Each to their own, but that is the dullest colour I've ever seen. :hand:
Otherwise it's a great spec.
It's the only colour that was offered on this model!

~ Maxie

911UK said:
have you considered the 991-50 anniversary spec car ?

it's certainly going to hold it's value better but only in 2wd

1963 number and first adapters took cars last October and you can still order one now so not exactly flying off the shelves, if they were that sought after they'd have been sold out in a month.

Not as if it has an uprated engine either :nooo:

Rip said:
Well, thank you for all of the replies.

Problem is, we've bought maybe 5 Porsches from the same dealer and the same salesman over the last few years so they know we're going to buy. It's not really a 'give me a deal on the 911 or I'll be getting the Audi' kind of thing.

Where is the dealer margin? In the car or the options? Or both?

I'll let you know how I get on.

You should be able to get 3-4%. Once you know your spec, buying form another dealer is easy - you can just tell them the code on the online configurator and they can see you spec. So use that as a bargaining tool. Just say you'll go elsewhere and if they wont discount then do it. Phone around - it could save you a packet.

As it happens, my 991 is from my local OPC but I would have gone remote if they hadn't offered a deal. I had to say "no deal" twice to get it though. Once to get a discount, the second time to get what I wanted for my PX. In both cases, their response was immediate and as desired!

The fact you've bought from them before shouldn't matter. Just get a better price elsewhere and use it to bargain!

Order placed

Finally managed just £3k discount off list with 2 OPCs saying they just could not match the quote.

So, it's a September build. Here's the spec.

BTW, it's my wife's car so not quite as I'd have configured it but pretty nice all the same.

Where can I download user manuals for the 4S?

Re: Order placed

Rip said:
So, it's a September build. Here's the spec.
Nice spec and good luck with the build. Just out of curiosity, why didn't you opt for the standard (folding) mirrors as the SportDesign types don't electrically fold?

~ Maxie

Re: Order placed

Maxie said:
Nice spec and good luck with the build. Just out of curiosity, why didn't you opt for the standard (folding) mirrors as the SportDesign types don't electrically fold?

~ Maxie

Mostly because I think they look much nicer and as my wife would never remember to fold them it'd be pointless. Not sure if they are auto fold but I've never really liked that either.

I'm mostly happy with the build. Would probably have gone with the turbo wheels but I'm told they are 'too masculine'.

Congrats!

It's interesting how we all find different ways to spend more money than we really should on options! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back