Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Celebrate Le Mans return with 991 Martini Racing Edition

Porsche News

Porsche celebrates Le Mans return with 911 S Martini Racing Edition

Porsche has introduced a 911 S Martini Racing Edition to celebrate its Le Mans return.

After a 16-year hiatus, Porsche is back at Le Mans and they decided to best way to spread the word would be through a special Martini Racing Edition of the 911 S. It can be had only with either a white or black body paint matched with Martini's traditional blue-red color scheme on the roof, rear wing, boot lid and sides. Moreover, the model can also be visually distinguished by its Aerokit Cup front apron and fixed rear spoiler.

The changes continue inside the cabin where Porsche has fitted stainless steel door sill panels with "911 Carrera S – Martini Racing Edition" illuminated lettering. It also features body-colored dashboard accents with "Martini Racing Edition" badge along with a standard Sport Chrono package and a sport steering wheel. Other standard goodies include Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with navigation module, black leather-wrapped electric sport seats, tachometer with black gauge and a Bose audio system.

Power comes from the familiar flat-six 3.8-litre engine outputting 400 PS (294 kW) sent to the wheels through a PDK gearbox. This hardware arrangement allows the limited-run 911 S hit 62 mph (100 km/h) in 4.1 seconds when the Sport Plus button is activated.

Sales of the 911 S Martini Racing Edition will commence this month in Europe, followed later this year by China, Japan and Latin America. Porsche has announced production will be capped at only 80 units.

Attachments

• 991sme_3_804.jpg
    991sme_3_804.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 4,425
  • 991sme_2_962.jpg
    991sme_2_962.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 4,425
  • 991sme_1_115.jpg
    991sme_1_115.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 4,425
dickdasterdly said:
Those markings look nicer on the white body I think.
:agree:
Nice looking car.

I love the way you have to pay to advertise someone else's brand... Lol

Porsche News said:
Power comes from the familiar flat-six 4.8-litre engine outputting 400 PS (294 kW) sent to the wheels through a PDK gearbox.

:eh!:

s2000db said:
I love the way you have to pay to advertise someone else's brand... Lol

Exactly!

I wouldn't mind the 'go faster' stripes on black paintwork, but hate the lettering (Martini) on the bonnet.

another special edition seems to be launched about 3 times a year
the 50th anniversary's took about 10 months to sell

mark pearce said:
another special edition seems to be launched about 3 times a year
the 50th anniversary's took about 10 months to sell

That might explain why according to the other car forum, the UK allocation is just 2 cars (one of each colour).

Its a very tentative link between those two brands these days. I though Martini sponsored Williams GP now and some one called DMG MORI sponsored Porsche....i dont see them selling many DMG MORI special editions either.

Blue stripes on black 911 is Roro copyright 2013.

I want royalties!

Just another example of a big corporation screwing over the little guy :(

... Feckin' fascists...

Roro said:

I want royalties!

... Feckin' fascists...

I think the "Martini on a dark colour Porsche" copyright may belong to Clinchy.

Roro said:

I want royalties!

... Feckin' fascists...

:floor:

Senoj said:
DMG MORI sponsored Porsche....i dont see them selling many DMG MORI special editions either.

DMG MORI are an industrial tooling company, enough said :eh!:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back