Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

European Track Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

Hi all

I currently have the GT3 insured with A. Manning and I am told that as of renewal, there will be no cover for European track events. Having been very satisfied with the cover they provide, I haven't felt the need to stray to another insurer for some years now. Could anyone suggest any suitable alternatives for European track cover?

Thanks in advance

Oliver

... Really? Any idea why they're dropping European cover? Is this just for your policy or is it across the board? I'm with Manning too currently.

Competition Car Insurance also provide trackday cover, but only organised events (ATDO I think) and 5 max uk and euro trackdays per year - but they don't cover the Nordschleife, only the Nurburgring GP circuit. I was with them before joining Mannings for unlimited TD and Nordschleife cover

Across the board apparently

That doesn't sound good. If they don't sort something out then quite a lot of their business will be going elsewhere I reckon...

I have until the end of the year before mine is up for renewal - I'll be watching this thread with interest. To me - European track day cover is actually more important than domestic as that is where I spend most of my track day cash...

I spoke to Mannings this morning and had it confirmed that there will be no more European track day cover for new customers after June the 1st and no renewals for existing customers after August the 1st.

They are getting out of the market as a result of escalating prices/claims and have no future plans to arrange some sort of alternative cover.

So that's it for 'ring cover on ATDO days with Mannings after this year, can anyone suggest any others that may offer cover as good as the Mannings policy???

g

Wow...that's really bad news... :nooo:

Disco said:
That doesn't sound good. If they don't sort something out then quite a lot of their business will be going elsewhere I reckon...

I have until the end of the year before mine is up for renewal - I'll be watching this thread with interest. To me - European track day cover is actually more important than domestic as that is where I spend most of my track day cash...

Truthfully Colin, we're on the same page. We're heading out for DN in July, which is something I wouldn't entertain without cover. I could understand a fundamental change on the excesses, or not inviting new business but continuing to provide for current 'clean' clients, but a total withdrawal from the market suggests they are having a bad time of it. Hopefully there is an alternative, or there will be someone stepping into their shoes, but it does look like a sad day for the European track day scene.

Having often pondered the viability of t/d cover for insurers i am not surprised, it was a case of when rather than if but i would have thought a premium hike before total stoppage. And European only affected seems a bit odd. I know recovery costs would be higher but they could have weighed the excess to take car of that.

For sure, someone will need to take up the baton here. Let's face it, most
of the trackers on here, use their cars for that pastime only. The European
events are the cherries on top of the cake...Manning's are going to lose a
shed load of customers over this. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu