Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New C4S

DRZ911 said:
Pressed the sports plus button and red-lined it as promised. Wail of PSE and tortured engine note are amazing. :grin: :grin: :grin:

So you're not running it in as per the manual=lease car :?:

Kryton said:
DRZ911 said:
Pressed the sports plus button and red-lined it as promised. Wail of PSE and tortured engine note are amazing. :grin: :grin: :grin:

So you're not running it in as per the manual=lease car :?:

Hello Kryton,

Running-in info is on page 129 of the handbook. It talks about the first 3000km and bedding in brakes and scrubbing in tyres. Other than that, no recommendations made on engine rpm, use of gears, etc. So talked to an 'expert' (who would prefer to remain nameless). I suggested taking it easy to say 4000rpm max and even an oil change after 1000 miles. Told not to bother as the cars are bulletproof. So have taken his advice and have momentarily given it the full beans wherever it is safe to do so. :grin: :grin: :grin: Back end of car doesn't half stink!!! :lol:

Hope his advice is sound, as I guess he said the same thing to recent GT3 owners. :dont know:

Looks great - they confirmed mine is due in 2 weeks- can't wait

Getting leant their demo next weekend to tide me over in the meantime

Interesting re running in, I always wondered if it was necessary for modern cars

Thanks guys for your kind comments. :lol:

Have had the new car for just over a month, and here are some of my observations :-

1. The interior package/layout is a significant improvement over my 997. :thumb: :thumb:
One very small niggle is that even though I have speced additional leather options, there are some small parts in hard ABS plastic that would have been automatically leather covered in the 997.

2. Exterior - a natural evolution from the 997 - pleasing to the eye from all angles. :thumb:

3. Noise - love the throaty engine/exhaust note (even with PSE off), and the frenzied scream when accelerating hard with PSE and Sports Plus on. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Certainly lets other road users know what's coming up behind them!! :D

4. Ride/Handling/Steering - compared to the 997, not such a quantum jump. Always considered the 997 superb in this area, so happy that the 991 is in the same ballpark. :thumb:
In terms of the steering feel, if the front end is pushed hard, it feels totally planted and very similar to the hydraulically assisted steering of the 997. When not pushed so hard, the 991's electric steering is slightly more nervous and feels a little fidgety over certain surfaces. :?:

5. Fuel consumption - only about 22mpg when used in the same manner as the 997 which gave 25mpg. Maybe still just "tight" and will improve as time goes on. If not, no big deal.

6. Technology/Options. In some areas, a very nice step change from the 997. Particularly like all the read-outs and info on the fourth dial accessed through the MFSW. :thumb:
PSE a must - a magical aural delight!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Start/stop and coasting features were initially annoying, but beginning to grow on me. :thumb:
The simple things, like red seat belts and sports lip spoiler on the front bumper, make me smile every time. :lol:

7. Dealer/Aftersales Service - fantastic back-up and support from Belfast OPC to all queries. :lol: :lol:

8. Oophs!!
(a) Back end has stepped out twice. Think it was a combination of relatively new tyres and greasy surfaces - underwear heavily soiled :oops: :eek: , but safety aids all kicked in and saved the day. :lol: Blame it on the Pirellis - just don't feel fully comfortable with them as they lack feel near the limit.
(b) Rear tyre punctured by a screw at 893 miles :sad:. £360 to change. :x

So in summary, love the new car to bits. :) :) :)
Not even thought about the depreciation, so know that I made the right decision in speccing the car and buying new. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Great post. Just hit 1 month myself. No previous P experience to compare to but loving everything about the journey!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back