Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking to purchase: restoration/daily runner, help!

sirajl

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help. I am looking to purchase a 911, preferably an aircooled 911, SC 3.2 or the 964. I would love to have a runner, what i mean by this is that the engine and gearbox are sound. I'd also like to be able to make it a project, that i could restore. Now looking for one of these types of cars has become very difficult, for a couple of reasons, way out of my price range (6000 GBP) or the work needing is way beyond my noob skills as a mechanic.

So i'm hoping someone here could point me in the right direction, or am i being very silly! I do have some hope, i've seen Peter Morgan do something but at a much larger scale i.e. complete restoration, which is beyond my means in budget and skill, also i'd love to enjoy the car as i'm fixing it.

Help! :?:

Chum, you're being silly.

Rule out 964 as they are worth £10k+ in parts alone and I suspect the others are not far behind.

Even IF you found one under £10k you could easily spend £10k+ sorting it out and that's doing the work yourself as parts aint cheap and you're going to need some expert help along the way.

Buy on condition and pay the extra to get something half sorted

Best of luck and if you find two for £6k each I'll take one :thumb:

Thanks for the reply. Ok, in that case i'll focus on C3 or older. I guess what i'm after is something that runs, and that i can work on. If it's running i don't mind spending money on, as at least it's running and use to me. It also means i can tailor the car to how i want it :)

Zingari said:
Chum, you're being silly.

Rule out 964 as they are worth £10k+ in parts alone and I suspect the others are not far behind.

Even IF you found one under £10k you could easily spend £10k+ sorting it out and that's doing the work yourself as parts aint cheap and you're going to need some expert help along the way.

Buy on condition and pay the extra to get something half sorted

Best of luck and if you find two for £6k each I'll take one :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back