Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Curveball al OPC

skinnedknuckles

Just been in to my local OPC to see what they have in stock in the shape of used 911s but while i was waiting and mooching round a Panamera GTS in the showroom caught my eye.

I have never even considered one but having had a look round one and a good sit in one i think i may be in love :?:

I am now utterly confused and think i may be in need of some therapy. I now have to have another conversation with Mrs Knuckles to see how she feels about it but I am off to see my accountant tomorrow to see what he will let me have.

Am i being daft? do i need some sort of corrective therapy?

It's funny you should say this. My G/F and I were in my 911 the other day, and whilst she is no petrol head, she does like a good motor. As I was driving along, she said "Wow - what's that car on our left? It's lovely"

The answer was a Panamera GTS. They are lovely cars.

I've sat inside one at OPC Hatfield and I too loved it instantly. If you need a 4-dr coupe with spacious rear leg room, I'd most certainly consider one.

Good luck tomorrow! Perhaps by the end of the week it will be yours?!

Another vote for a Panamera. It's got to have the 20" Turbo II wheels though to make it look meaningful!

22-Porsche-Panamera-Gunmetal-Wheels-9.jpg

~ Maxie :thumb:

Hopefully the accountant will let me release enough for the deposit and the chaps at Porsche Finance will do the rest but if not I will have to wait a couple of months and break the bad news to Mrs Knuckles that her new kitchen will be put on hold for a while.

I really really have to have that car

Please all hand in your user names and passwords on your way out.

Thank you. :pc:

EDIT 1: Yes, I agree, the Panamera is a great car alongside a 911. Not instead of a 911. I intend only travelling in a hearse once!

EDIT 2: Apologies to 986, 987 and 981 drivers. They're great too.

EDIT 3: No apology required to the Cayenne and Macan drivers as you're driving a badge, not a car.

EDIT 4: :coat:

plavix said:
Please all hand in your user names and passwords on your way out.

Thank you. :pc:

EDIT 1: Yes, I agree, the Panamera is a great car alongside a 911. Not instead of a 911. I intend only travelling in a hearse once!

EDIT 2: Apologies to 986, 987 and 981 drivers. They're great too.

EDIT 3: No apology required to the Cayenne and Macan drivers as you're driving a badge, not a car.

EDIT 4: :coat:

:floor: :p Seb, man you make me laugh (as does the above mentioned car).
Although I'm a fine one to talk......I'll get me coat.....

If/when you buy a Panamera, just remember one essential requirement.

Don't opt for a black interior.

Trust me. Your back-seat passengers will hate you if you do.

Choose something light, so they don't feel they're in a dungeon.

Tinker said:
Choose something light, so they don't feel they're in a dungeon.
Or a hearse. :eek:

Might rule out red too. :dont know:

Seriously, a dark interior colour makes the back seats of a Panamera a horrible place to be, because the front seats are so big & high that they make the back dark & gloomy anyway.

Don't believe me? Try one.

I had one as a courtesy car a few years ago from OPC Chester. Great to drive, really did feel in ways like a 911. However it's the only car in the Porsche range (ever) that I think is ugly. And I even liked the 924!

Dog ugly. So wrong. Don't do it. Need space? RRS. End of.

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder ....... for me it's more the case of where's the bucket ...... ;)

p.s. I am sure it IS a very good car ...... :)

Iraqis and Kurds demonstrate the Height of poor taste in vehicles - there are plenty of Panameras here...

I've had 2 as courtesy cars (both time diesel automatic).
Car was very nice to drive on the motorway, damping and comfort were absolutely spot on and as a GT it would be perfect.
The main thing I did not like was the size of the thing. It is huge, you have a few kilometers of bonnet, a few more kilometers behind the driver seat.
On the plus side this means a lot of legroom at the back, a semi decent boot (although the surface is quite big, it is not deep at all, so not a huge volume).
Main problem for me was the rear visibility: the rear window is tiny, the mirrors are ok, and you have that 911esque hip which is nice but you can not see anything behind the car at all as a result.

Getting back in the 996 felt like driving in a glass bubble, the visibility all around was so much better.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back