Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stuttering and kangaroo jumps

Stevie43_uk

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone can help.

Engine runs fine but if it is held around 2300 rpm in any gear it surges and causes car to stutter and kangaroo ?
I have to dip the clutch to stop it.

I know it's difficult to diagnose on forums, but could someone help with suggestions.
It is due a service so may be associated with that maybe ?

Many thanks

Steve

Hi Steve, are you 100% sure it is not the clutch slipping?

That rev range is just about when you are starting to apply some proper load....
:?:

If it's got an Lambda O2 sensor it could be that :dont know:

Thanks all.

It has had a clutch recently so don't think it's that - it does it when I hold it at 2300 rpm and not when I'm booting it.

Ta
Steve

Zingari said:
If it's got an Lambda O2 sensor it could be that :dont know:

Yep, could be. On these cars can you unplug the 02 and go for a quick drive to see if that's what's causing it? Have done that on other cars but don't know what the Porsche ECU is looking for.

Also consider the sparking, plugs to dizzy...

Leads.
Lots of them. Hard to see compared to most cars (eg run in dark look for arcing), but this too is also capable of producing the symptoms you describe.
:?:

Go with simple things first, plugs,leads,fuel fiilter,air filter etc.
Air flow meters can wear out on that type of injection.
The engine bay wiring loom and connectors can be suspect on Carreras also.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back