Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NCB expiry ?

CraigJ

Silverstone
How long before unused No claims will expire?

I currently have a company van but looking at getting a 911 next year. My No claims have been unused since June/july. How long before Insurance companies stop accepting them?

CraigJ said:

I currently have a company van but looking at getting a 911 next year. My No claims have been unused since June/july. How long before Insurance companies stop accepting them?

Used to be 2 years but i think it depends on the Insurance co :thumb:

Never heard of expiry. Have not used my NCB since 2002 but my insurer confirms it is intact and ready to use if I want to (called them last year to see price if I switched from agreed mileage to standard policy).

At the end of the day it's an industry that can tell if you have claimed, right?

Saying you have NCD is like ticking 'non smoker' on your health Insurance, fine if it's true, but if it ain't then don't expect the payout...

Right?
:dont know:

Transferring between insurers can be limited to 1 or 2 years (dependent on insurers).

If I have a "spare" policy I simply alternate one year on one year off to keep both vali until I get another car to use it on.

Interesting one this as I wonder how data is collected/shared and whether Data Protection enquiry would assist and if so with whom?

With comparison sites it is usual to swap your Insurance company annually where you rely on giving accurate info such as X yrs NCB. Some will ask who your previous insurer was and/or proof from the renewal letter whereas others do not.

So how do the latter validate it? Do they wait for you to claim then ask for the relevant info to check or is there some central register with personal details and if so where are the safeguards :dont know:

adamw said:
CraigJ said:

Used to be 2 years but i think it depends on the Insurance co :thumb:
When I was doing the rounds for Insurance a couple of weeks ago most companies have a limit of 2 years, after which they won't 'honour' any NCB you have and will quote you as if you have zero years claim-free. Most required proof of NCB, no idea how it would be enforced by companies who don't...

Most Insurance companies (or websites) may happily quote on the basis of truthful replies.

But when it comes to the paperwork most insurers still require hard copy proof from your previous insurer (ie your renewal or letter stipulating aggregate NC years)

For high value or high performance vehicles supplementary documentation like Tracker certificates, mileage declarations, certified value (agreed value) may also be required.

These must all be dated as required (ie Tracker currently in force, mileage declaration within 30 days of Insurance inception, agreed value within valid date range - normally 3 years, NCB within 1 or 2 years of last policy expiry (dependent on insurer).

I'm not a paranoid person.

But my view on data sharing changed after watching the excellent documentary 'Die Hard 4.0'...

I think just my fingerprint would be enough to find out everything about me, my bank details, health records, willy size, dental records, school, birth, internet history, pension, car, car Insurance, no claims, license, points, criminal record, passport, travel history, address, partner, family, cats, vet, workplace, wages, work door access card, and from that, my number plates and card use, via CCTV where I am, where I have been, and from what I have put in my sat nav, where I am going.

Trust me, this is what Shielas wheels and other insurers can see on their screen, when they ask you questions it is just to give them time to read all about you - while they watch you using your own computers hacked webcam.

With one click you could be made for life, or made to live in Swindon.

:eek:

Right?
:dont know:

I think you misunderestimate just how complex, over budget, and under performing all these incompatible systems are.

As a case in point, if I may, irrespective of your previous daliences with "Steps", Sheila's Wheels failed to correctly assign your gender as "Not Sheila".

Have never dared call Sheilas wheels.
:)

In the late '70's/early '80s my parents bought me a 'unisex' bike. They said it was unisex and I believed them. It was a Raleigh twenty, in a bronze colour and it had a basket on the front. To illustrate how naive I was, here is a picture of one, I swear to god I'm not joking, it was the same as this:

SDC10565.JPG

Needless to say, after meeting up with my mates on my new bike, I rode home practically in tears, to the chants of 'girls bike, girls bike' and the like. I hardly used the thing and waited for my first racer. To this day it's a world where things are for boys or girls, there is no unisex ground for me, I will never, ever, be confident enough to wear anything pink. I don't even like anything red fading...

Girls shopping bikes and guys wearing pink, who started that? Way off topic.

I'm not gay.
:thumbs:

Its easy to stereotype. With those mudguards, whitewalls and phallus protruding front light it is easy to come to the conclusion the rider is either female with a point to make or someone who is as camp as a row of tents :dont know:

Did it have a Honky Tonk horn :oops:

I think its the girls bike presents that have shaped us into who we are today.
I never had a girls bike but i did have some rubbish presents and remember saying to myself as i stood there glaring at them "one day i will be able to buy what i want when i want" .

The no claims bonus is mostly valid for the 2 years.

Word of warning if your on a classic scheme double check with the insurer to make sure they keep the bonus up to date. Some schemes do not build up bonus so you could get stung.

hope that helps.

CraigJ said:

The normal NCB acceptance is 2 years - however some go to 3 or even 5 years as long as you have valid documentation. Depends on the company, from what I can find out if you go back to the company the NCB is with they will accept it for longer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back