Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gap in door window scraper

Mark Houghton

Trainee
Hi Guys,

I notice there is a gap on both of my door window scrapers above the exterior door handles. Is this correct or has someone in the past used the incorrect ones. Looks to me as though the rainwater will enter the inside of the door or is this meant to be part of the drainage channels. I thought I'd ask here first before investigating.

Many thanks

Mark

Attachments

• window_scraper_gap_1_194.jpg
    window_scraper_gap_1_194.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 7,266
  • window_scraper_gap_2_101.jpg
    window_scraper_gap_2_101.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 7,266
Can anyone help me on this one please? Have you got these gaps in your window scrapers? Just before I order new ones.

Thanks

I think they are all like that chum except on my cope the gap is at the quarter light end :dont know:

Mine are just like that, I can slide them forward or back to have the gap at either end, or both. When I wash the car water drips straight out of the holes underneath the door, though I worry if it wets the window electrics.

Seems a bit odd to me having any sort of gap!!! Why not have no gap and let the rain run on the outside of the door?

They are not supposed to have a gap. Happens with time as they shrink. Fitting news ones takes 5 mins a side. Very easy job. Just yank up the black metal trim from the end (latch end) - it is held in place by clips - slide out old rubber, slide in new one, line up clips and push back. New ones fit snugly - no gap!
Looks good cosmetically and helps keep door dry.

just replaced the seals on mine, they had shrunk in the same way and water had run down inside the door and rusted out the door glass holder and the glass fell in the bottom of the door.

Replaced the bracket and the seals now good as new, change them before its too late!! :thumbs:

Conscience pricked by re-reading this thread, I've ordered new ones, I'll let you know how I get on.

No reason to let water in the doors if I don't have to.

Did the job yesterday, in true 911 style the first side too 30 minutes, the other side 5.

I couldn't believe the door trim was going to just lever up without wrecking the paint, having got it up the new trim slid straight in with a bit of silicon.

All watertight now. On the other paw I dinged the back arch on the gatepost, now need a paint man in the Manchester area. :evil:

IMG_0276.jpg

I could blame the mirrors, but at the end of the day it was my fault.

Chester J Lampwick said:
Did the job yesterday, in true 911 style the first side too 30 minutes, the other side 5.

I couldn't believe the door trim was going to just lever up without wrecking the paint, having got it up the new trim slid straight in with a bit of silicon.

All watertight now. On the other paw I dinged the back arch on the gatepost, now need a paint man in the Manchester area. :evil:

IMG_0276.jpg

Thanks for the advice and sorry to hear you scratched your car.

Chester J Lampwick said:

IMG_0276.jpg

Finally got some new ones. Did you say you removed the black trim on top of the door into which half the scraper fits?

Thanks Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back