Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 GT3 Global Recall from 'multi car fires', UPDATED 2017

Was it ever confirmed if the smashed up silver GT3 was as a result of this engine issue?

Until the cars have had a year or so on the road and track I don't think I'd go near one for safety reasons more than anything else.

T8 said:
NB:

Porsche News said:
Dear Mr. [REDACTED]: I am writing as promised to inform you about the current status of our solution to the issue with the Porsche 911 GT3 model you have purchased. We are aware that you are currently faced with an unsatisfactory situation.

As a Porsche customer, you rightfully expect excellence in product and service performance. This particularly applies to you as a GT3 customer, as a brand ambassador with a shared passion for Porsche. We are in the final phase of logistics planning and technical validation for the optimized piston rod screw connection and we will start production of the new engines the week of April 22nd.

These engines will be distributed worldwide for installation in all 991-generation GT3 models built to date. As soon as the new engine for your Porsche 911 GT3 is available, we will make contact with you again to make specific arrangements. Please be assured that we will document the installation of the new engine into your vehicle and will provide you with a certificate to this effect. Furthermore, as a gesture of our appreciation for your loyalty to Porsche, we will apply an additional 12-month Porsche Approved warranty to your 991 GT3 which will commence upon the expiration of the normal Porsche New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Additionally, we wish to compensate you for your inability to drive your GT3 during this time.

Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics
and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need. I apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely, Tim Quinn Vice President, AfterSales Porsche Cars North America, Inc. Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you have questions, please contact 1-800-PORSCHE. Please read our privacy policy. If you would rather not receive future e-mails from Porsche Cars North America, Inc., please contact 1-800-PORSCHE

Does that apply to UK owners, as I can't see that from the ongoing thread on PH ??

chimp911 said:
:grin:

Truth is, if I could be sure that this engine fix puts things right once and for all then I would still consider having one (or preferably the RS when it arrives :food:), but it would have to be at a considerable discount :

I've a deposit on an RS and you will NOT obtain any discount :nooo:

Kryton said:

My required discount would be on the standard 3. I'd expect nothing less than full price on a RS and since I'd be so far down their waiting list anyway I can honestly see me buying italian instead... :bye:

I'll let you have a go of mine if I can have a go of yours :?: :grin:

What a great idea - I think this forum needs a GT3 Concierge!

"Yes, I'd like a trackday please, no chavs yah, or rain, um, yes and please ensure the car is tip top and shiny, lovely. Toodle pip. "*

* I don't actually talk like this, I promise.

Roro said:
What a great idea - I think this forum needs a GT3 Concierge!

"Yes, I'd like a trackday please, no chavs yah, or rain, um, yes and please ensure the car is tip top and shiny, lovely. Toodle pip. "*

* I don't actually talk like this, I promise.

..Well you do actually...when we came down to your Buckinghamshire
estate for the ''Saturday Ball and Sunday shoot''...you spoke with the
biggest plum in your mouth that I'd ever heard...

...lol

:floor:

Oh, I'm glad you clarified it was the Buckinghamshire estate - I nearly forgot I even owned that one!

s2000db said:
T8 said:
NB:

Porsche News said:
Dear Mr. [REDACTED]: I am writing as promised to inform you about the current status of our solution to the issue with the Porsche 911 GT3 model you have purchased. We are aware that you are currently faced with an unsatisfactory situation.

As a Porsche customer, you rightfully expect excellence in product and service performance. This particularly applies to you as a GT3 customer, as a brand ambassador with a shared passion for Porsche. We are in the final phase of logistics planning and technical validation for the optimized piston rod screw connection and we will start production of the new engines the week of April 22nd.

These engines will be distributed worldwide for installation in all 991-generation GT3 models built to date. As soon as the new engine for your Porsche 911 GT3 is available, we will make contact with you again to make specific arrangements. Please be assured that we will document the installation of the new engine into your vehicle and will provide you with a certificate to this effect. Furthermore, as a gesture of our appreciation for your loyalty to Porsche, we will apply an additional 12-month Porsche Approved warranty to your 991 GT3 which will commence upon the expiration of the normal Porsche New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Additionally, we wish to compensate you for your inability to drive your GT3 during this time.

Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics
and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need. I apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely, Tim Quinn Vice President, AfterSales Porsche Cars North America, Inc. Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you have questions, please contact 1-800-PORSCHE. Please read our privacy policy. If you would rather not receive future e-mails from Porsche Cars North America, Inc., please contact 1-800-PORSCHE

Does that apply to UK owners, as I can't see that from the ongoing thread on PH ??

Nope, dont believe it does..

The warranty costs them peanuts to give away. Remember North American customers get four years and a gazzillion miles to begin with.

chimp911 said:
Kryton said:

My required discount would be on the standard 3.

Cars are still changing hands at over list, awaiting the engine change / upgrade, so you'll be waiting a while for a discount!

I thought GT3 WAG was just another one of Roro's pseudonyms :dont know:

chimp911 said:
I thought GT3 WAG was just another one of Roro's pseudonyms :dont know:

No...that was ''Riviera SHAG''....lol :wink:

You sure you didn't mean "Riviera BAG"!?

Hermes-Birkin-30cm-clemence-leather-bag-light-blue-silver.png

Crap, walked straight into that one didn't i!? :grin:

... Where is the GT3 Concierge when you need it....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back