Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Child seat to use in rear seat

A few people with 964's have used that Concord Ultimax seat - do a search on here to see some pictures.

In the UK once the kid is 15-36kg I think they only need a booster, which is what I use for my two boys. But if you wanted you could buy something like this Maxi-Cosi Rodi SPS Group 2/3 Car Seat http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001G0N1D6 which I also used for a bit until I realised that a booster was good enough.

Obviously all of this assumes you have 3 way belts in the rear and not just lap belts. If you just have lap belts then do a search on here or go to rennlist where some of the yanks have worked out how to add a third fixing.

Good luck.

Thanks. The 964 is ~15 years never than mine so I'm not sure the back seats have the same size, but I'll do some research, thanks.

I will have a 3 way belt installed, the lap belt I don't consider very protecting.

I believe the Concord Ultimax is for 0-18 kg. My son is 4 and just over 18 kg.

A booster/pillow to sit on could be enough (and is legal), but I would like to protect him better than that.

Child seat in a 993 cab

Hi,

I have had a nightmare with finding a seat for my 993 cab and finally bought a Porsche Prince on Pistonheads which seems woefully unprotective. Its just a piece of polystyrene that I paid £100 for!

I only have lap belts and the Britax Eclipse clearly states it can be fixed with two point belts. I realise the Porsche Prince is not safe enough but do you really think the Eclipse with lap belts would not be either?

Quickfitsbs are talking about £500 for diagonals, drilling through the wheel arches, etc and I could really do without that!

Chris

I have the britax two way elite in the back of my 997 and iit is a great fit
Ashley

NumZie said:
I believe the Concord Ultimax is for 0-18 kg. My son is 4 and just over 18 kg.

I don't know of any seats that work like the ultimax style (lots of padding and wraps around the kid) for over 18kg. From 18kg and up you move to the next 'stage' where all seats are like the maxi cosi that I posted above. That maxi cosi has a small base, which is why it fits the 964. So rather than just a seat pad (which is legal), you could get the maxi cosi style as linked above, I believe that is the most protection offered for above 18kg. Good luck - kids love going in the back of 911's!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back