Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Aventura Adventure

Gents, thanks so much for the kind comments. I'm so proud to be able to join the club :).
Dream911 said:
Congrats on the car. That interior looks almost new!
harry kular said:
Congratulations: the leather in your car looks particularly good in the pic!
Owl said:
That interior looks to be in great condition. Enjoy.
AndyS said:
Nice looking car ch3tman - the interior looks like new

Thank you! Some more images:

9xubJwk.jpg

NnDKFl0.jpg

The eagled eyed amongst you will also notice the cassette holder replacement too :D.

Flightrisk said:
So it was the manual C4 that won over the tip C2 then. Good choice, but then I am pretty biased :puh:

Yep, eventually it was no contest. I got on well with the Tip as you may well recall, though once I drove the manual, it confirmed my initial guy feeling :thumb: .

Flightrisk said:
Aventura is a wonderful colour to boot.

I gather it may not be the most popular colour, but I really am very fond of it. It has so much character depending on the lighting condition:

DYXzqRS.jpg

:cloud9:

Great looker 8)

Who did the retrim? Looks very neat from the pic.

Congrats on acquiring a great looking 993 although I have to say I'm biased as mine is also Aventura.

It can show some dramatic colour shifts depending on the light conditions. At track days mine has been listed as green, grey or even blue.

Your interior looks pristine.

I need a bigger garage! :worship:

Lovely looking car ch3tman. Nice find :thumb:

The interior looks great (as does the Aventura exterior). Hope to see the car out and about over the summer.

Well done!!

You will not regret it!

:thumbs:

Chris W said:
I remember that Motor Show too well, didn't they have the Targa there on the wall?

Interior looks brand new, has it been retrimmed? Looks fab.

Congrats.
I remember those motor shows too... Going and drooling at the latest incarnation of the 911

Found this picture.

free image hosting

Congratulations......I also have a C4 in Aventura ...... and today I gave her a bit of TLC ..... wash and light waxing ...... my clay bar should arrive this week for some more serious attention to detail.

The C4 is an incredible car and when times on the road get tough the C4 will deal with it all. OK some would argue that it isn't "pure" ..... but if Walter Rhoal (sp) gave it a huge thumbs up on its launch ..... for me ....say no more.

Welcome to the club ..... :)

993S_Ocean said:
Chris W said:
I remember that Motor Show too well, didn't they have the Targa there on the wall?

Congrats.
I remember those motor shows too... Going and drooling at the latest incarnation of the 911

Found this picture.

free image hosting

Great period image - thanks for posting 993S_Ocean!

ch3tman - I am currently in a similar position to yourself - presently considering a 993 C4 as a replacement for my current Golf GTI! I've always loved the 993 and it was very much the childhood dream car - I still remember coming out of primary school one day in the mid '90's and seeing one for the first time - a Slate Grey Carrera at the filling station opposite the school - it definitely left an impression. A year or 2 later my father bought his first and this of course didn't help the obsession! :lol:

Paul_911 said:
993S_Ocean said:
Chris W said:

Congrats.

Found this picture.

free image hosting

Great period image - thanks for posting 993S_Ocean!

+1 Cheers Del. I wonder how many of us on here now were on the very stand on the same day, aspiring to the dream.

Thanks for the continued warm welcome, all...:thumbs:.

eyecandy993 said:
Welcome to 993 ownership. Looks a fine machine.
I read your story, you convey the emotion of yearning that was ultimately fulfilled.

When the big day had arrived to be handed over the keys (just 24 hours after the bank draft was cleared after 4 weeks in the bank's hands) one look at the machine which was uncovered in front of me and I practically fainted. I had to crouch down to prevent me from blacking out.
Thanks, eyecandy993. Your first day of ownership sounds familiar, whilst it was a day I had been waiting for, for many years, I was filled with utter excitement yet total nervousness.... pure butterflies.

dommorton said:
Great looker 8)

Who did the retrim? Looks very neat from the pic.
Thanks Dom [and no, whilst we did frequent the same '6' owners club forum many years ago, I'm not stalking you :puh:]. The interior work was carried out by Rühl Leder GmbH, at the request of the German owner of the car in late 2009. The main two items appearing on the invoice are sitze inkl. kopfstützen [seats including headrests] and seitenteile [side panels/door cards]. You shouldn't expect any change back from 5K EUR :what:...especially if prices have increased by any fraction since then.

Apothecary said:
Hope to see the car out and about over the summer.
For reasons we discussed a while back, its unlikely I'll be over your side until the property work is completed but I do hope to see you and your 993s around sometime soon :wink:.

993S_Ocean said:
Chris W said:
I remember those motor shows too...
Found this picture.

Brilliant! That brings back memories! I was stood just there myself :lol:.

Sutton said:
I'm biased as mine is also Aventura
the_green_man said:
Very nice! Mine is also Aventura
madalaa said:
I also have a C4 in Aventura
Great to see who the the other Aventura owners are :bye: - we do seem to be in the minority but I suppose that comes with exclusivity... :lol:.

....both Stutgartmetal (Paul) and Rallyeman (Neil) were both previous owners of Aventura 993s ...... :)

Looks like a lovely car there chatty! .. Congrats.

Have you done the first bit of DIY yet? (Alarm stickers! :grin: )

I love aventura green, a good pal of mine has recently sold his back to the UK, the colour is very changeable depending on the light conditions, from slate grey to deep green ... Gorgeous.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back