Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Happy 991 owner

WilliamsF1

Hi

I would like to briefly share my joy with you guys and girls.

Three days ago I purchased a July registered Carrera S PDK ( 2000 miles ) from a private seller. I cannot describe in words how pleased i am with this car. I do not normally drink on my own, but sadly I have to confess to enjoying a large single malt in my garage just looking.. Yes, sad i know!

Firstly, it is a matter of opinion, but for me, it is the best looking 911 since the 993. I have been trying to find an angle it looks awkward or wrong from but it just looks right. A few years ago I had a Ferrari 612 and I was forever trying to find an angle it looked good from but this 991 design is very beautiful. The interior is stunning, the car fits comfortably around you, like a sports car should. The noise from the back is utterly breathtaking especially with the sports exhaust and the performance is simply awesome.

I have been lucky to have owned some very nice sports cars but I have never felt the need to express to a forum. My fiancee is bored of listening to me so i guess i had to vent my excitement somewhere else.

My only concern so far has been seating position. I am 6ft4 and I am just struggling to find a good comfortable position. I hopefully will sort this out after spending some time in the car.

Thanks for reading, I enjoy monitoring your guys threads so i thought it was time I contributed.

Welcome!

Stunning cars. I know what you mean regards seating position.

Even in my 996 turbo I found it initially felt cramped, and I had to adopt a slightly different driving position compared to my daily driver... And I'm 6 1.

However, after getting used to it I found it very natural, and easy to heel/toe .

Enjoy it!

Welcome!
Could we have more details/ Spec/ Pic etc please?
:thumb:

Hello and welcome. I agree, the 991 is an outstanding car and Porsche really have hit the spot with regards to performance, handling, fit and finish and design. And that's before you even start to consider the technology, for a tech lover like me it's the icing on the cake.

I find every car takes a bit of time to get the seating position right these days.

Tom.

Well done, congratulations and I completely agree and if you haven't read it yet have a look at my thread called "Oh dear"

I've just joined the Porsche Club GB and am looking forward to my first meeting next Sunday and then to a multi region meeting in May

Thank you for the friendly welcome

I hope to have added a couple of pics so please bare with me if it is unsuccessful!

Regarding spec, GT Silver,PDK,Carrera 20",Heated Seats,Sports Exhaust,Black leather interior, Red seat belts, clear rear lights,Bose sound system, !4 way sports seats and some other internal items I'm not sure on.
Sorry not sure how to reply individually but to the reply regarding Porsche Club. Are there any good family days during the summer time the club holds. BBQs etc?

Ok it is saying file too big?

Forgot to mention, thank you for the kind welcome. :) It repeatedly mentions file too big for the pic, any ideas?

Welcome!

Have you tried a picture re-sizing tool? If you don't know if you have one or not, quickest way is do a right hand click on a picture - 'send to' 'mail recipient' and it asks what size you want the picture. Select medium and mail it to yourself. It will reduce the file size for you.

Hope this works. Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• photo_463.jpg
    photo_463.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 6,931
Try this

http://www.porscheclubgb.com

Different regions organise different events and have different meeting places. Have a look at this to see which region you are in and then try to male contact with the organiser there.

,......nice pic by the way

911119 said:
Try this

http://www.porscheclubgb.com

Different regions organise different events and have different meeting places. Have a look at this to see which region you are in and then try to male contact with the organiser there.

,......nice pic by the way

The 991 Register will be attending various family friendly events this summer too.

:welcome: to 911uk

Whilst I'm not a fan of the overall size of a 991 I must admit that its looks grab me far more than the 997 ever did. :thumb:

You haven't mentioned where you're based but when the weather improves there'll be several 911uk meetings throughout the year especially in the Surrey/Sussex area and in the Midlands.

I'd be interested in hearing of your experiences of PCGB meetings. In my experience they don't tend to be attended by many driving enthusiasts.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back