Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: 996 - 997/GT3 Conversion body kit

greig1983

Looking to purchase a 996 - 997/GT3 Conversion body kit, seen a few on ebay from £1000 - £3000 some even more. Anyone know where or what ones I should be looking for?

One which doesn't require cutting etc, basically a straight bolt on kit, if any available?

Thanks

Given the fact that 996 3's prices are on the rise and 997's are still falling, itd be cheaper to sell up and buy a 997.

Alternatively, why not buy the cup stuff and make it wider then go RWB style?

It's not too clear what you are looking for. Is it

a) a kit to make your 996 GT3 look like a 997 GT3

or

b) a kit to make a standard 996 or 997 look like a GT3

Many of the aftermarket kits are reasonably low quality and need quite a lot of prep before painting to make them look like it's something Porsche put together in a factory.
Assuming you are going to be using a body shop to paint it up I would ask one of them to recommend a kit. I don't know of any in the Glasgow area but i assume you do? The guys who fit and paint them will have a better insight in to the quality of different kits as they have to work with them, make them fit properly and more importantly make them look genuine an not like someone covered their car superglue before ram raiding Halfords.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back