Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

MOT

I put the 993 through its MOT at my local garage today.

Always a slight trepidation especially when its your first one with a new car and its had both an engine tune and HID's fitted .....

but I need not have worried, passed with flying colours and no advisories :thumb:

Had a good chat with the tester (who pulled up in a smart BMW 8 series) and when I asked him about the emissions he stated there was more coming out of his testing equipment than the car :)

I've got to get it booked into Unit 11 now for its annual service.

Its only due a basic service but will probably get the gearbox and diff oils changed as there is no record of this in the service history. No real reason for me to think they need doing other than typical OCD :frustrated:

I love my local MOT testing garage, a real old school outfit with bits of cars dating back 30 years everywhere.......

After 6 months of winter, house move/renovation and change of job today I feel that I am back on the 993 tinkering bandwagon :thumb:

I got the car out ready for a trip to Unit 11 tomorrow for its annual service and tackled a few major jobs :grin: ......

Firstly anyone who has tried to fit any sort of "fancy" tax disc holder will know that the 993 does not like it due to the curvature of the glass :hand: so I have had a generic flexible magnetic holder in situ. A nicer ebay replacement was in order.....

Apologies for the dirty windscreen :oops:

Next I fitted a new steering wheel badge to my aftermarket RAID wheel. I had a gel badge originally which looked OK but replaced that with a metal OEM old style badge (the only small OEM alternative I think ?). I decided I wanted a none colour silver / black alternative so thought I would try this Ebay version (its a thin metal with sticky backing)....

OEM old style bonnet badge......

Replaced with this ..........

again apologies for the state of the carpets :oops:

So happy to hear thoughts on the steering wheel badge :wack: :bandit:

So just need to get the shed up over easter so I can clear the garage to store the 993, fit a hosepipe so I can wash it and find the boxes with my cleaning stuff in it :roll: and I'll be back in full 993 mode :thumb:

jonttt said:
So happy to hear thoughts on the steering wheel badge :wack: :bandit:

Really? Honestly? It could barely be worse to my eyes... Sorry :-(

I know......:D thats what I thought so it lasted 1 minute on the wheel, epic fail :grin:

I appreciate your honesty :thumb:

jonttt said:
I know......:D thats what I thought so it lasted 1 minute on the wheel, epic fail :grin:

I appreciate your honesty :thumb:

Am pleased. Your usual standards are far higher :)

I'm going badgeless on the wheel.

I think the only real option is to have the leather embossed as per an OEM wheel.

jonttt said:
I'm going badgeless on the wheel.

I think the only real option is to have the leather embossed as per an OEM wheel.

Maybe Jonttt... Yes. I umm'd and arr'd when changing mine: do i go with an OEM embossed type or a copy type with metal badge. I picked OEM and am chuffed to bits. Even if i am twice as poor :-/

Badge =
epicfail.gif
:thumb:

jonttt said:
Firstly anyone who has tried to fit any sort of "fancy" tax disc holder will know that the 993 does not like it due to the curvature of the glass :hand: so I have had a generic flexible magnetic holder in situ.A nicer ebay replacement was in order.....

Apologies for the dirty windscreen :oops:

Well that'll be short lived as discs go away on 1st October :?:

Have to agree on the wheel badge. Go without ! Has putting these badges on and taking them off not marked the leather underneath ?

Nope, th wonders of modern sticky stuff, stronger and yet no residue or marks to the leather :thumb:

friends-porsche.png

Good move taking it off :thumb:

The badge is now adorning the 993 library archive draw in my man cave :grin:

Yes Jontt - that was far too in yer face and if the airbag had ever gone off, it really would have been. Leather embossed gets my vote.

I thought you had gone for some alloy foot pedals but they are absent in these photos...

Also the front protection bar you got from Carnewal - do you have a photo of it insitu? Is it visible from the front or is it hidden? Could not evade a rock on the main road by Ullapool last week and it made an agonizing noise (well I did actually) as it clattered its way down the underside of my car but it seems little or no damage was done. Like the idea of this bar.

The state of your window and carpets.... never thought we would see that. :nooo: :oops:

jonttt said:

proof is required Jonttt... ;-)

Jcx said:
jonttt said:

proof is required Jonttt... ;-)

Ahhhh the old custard test in reverse :grin:

Here you go see if you can spot it.....

ps sorry about the abundance of BMW models, the porsche ones are on the other side of the room......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back