Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Macan launch night invites.

I don't really know. Who knows. Excluding the illuminati on this forum, perhaps full of chinless wonders jingling the gold chunky ID bracelets, Timex watches and plastic shoes as the dress code is a little vague :roll: But I have told Mrs Z not to prepare supper :thumb:

I think my 964 will be the only one in the car park :grin:

Zingari said:
I don't really know. Who knows. Excluding the illuminati on this forum, perhaps full of chinless wonders jingling the gold chunky ID bracelets, Timex watches and plastic shoes as the dress code is a little vague :roll: But I have told Mrs Z not to prepare supper :thumb:

I think my 964 will be the only one in the car park :grin:

Good luck parking between all the RRS's, and for heaven's sake don't wear anything white as all that fake tan is a bu66er to wash out :pc:

So food on offer maybe.......yum! :)

Chimp, surely you can expand on your comments! :grin:

Do you think my 'Breitling' will be ok to wear?
:lol:

Hatfield do good food served by great totty* with lashings of free champagne. Get someone to drive you.

(*I'm led to believe that this is an inappropriate, sexist and potentially derogatory term for attractive young women, so I apologies for using it).

Love the 'Totty' :grin:
Thanks for the tips.
Looking forward to it actually in a bizarre way.
:thumb:

I do hope they serve pints :dont know:

Attachments

• stan_ogden_118.jpg
    stan_ogden_118.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 13,316
Zingari said:
I'm down for the Chester event next Monday posing under a pseudonym :roll:

Your still barred from Wilmslow then......

Tonight's the night!!

Apparently 350 guests at OPC Reading (i think thats rather a lot...), so am bringing my sons to act as my personal drink and snack gofers.

tim993 said:
Tonight's the night!!

Apparently 350 guests at OPC Reading (i think thats rather a lot...), so am bringing my sons to act as my personal drink and snack gofers.

Hmm - sounds like parking is going to be fun...

[I accepted an invite too, and since I am not on my way to Nurburg with the sensible people today... ]

:hand: I have no intention of buying one :wink:

Zingari said:
:hand: I have no intention of buying one :wink:

Well - nobody who hasn't ordered already will be buying one for over a year due to the apparent waiting list anyway... :dont know:

spongebob squarepants said:
Zingari said:
I'm down for the Chester event next Monday posing under a pseudonym :roll:

Your still barred from Wilmslow then......

Yes. Its the 50 questions I get from the receptionist as I'm 'profiled' before I'm let loose inside to see the parts chap.

Reminds me of my American cousin with his take on Starbucks :roll:

What a thoroughly enjoyable evening :)

I drank as much champagne as they could supply my ever empty glass and there were absolutely no signs of their bar ever running dry and the nibbles were excellent, if a little short in supply.

We were given £20 gift voucher (which the Mrs put towards a Porsche vest thing) and our name was pulled out of the box in the raffle, so I also have a nice new leather Porsche case for my iPad :)

The Macan is a very fine looking car and feels very special indeed inside, albeit very much the same as any other car they sell from a Boxster to a Panamera! The only minor issue will be anyone who needs to transport anyone over 6' tall in the rear who also insists on having the sunroof option. I'm 6' and the roof lining clears my skull with about an inch to spare... Not really an issue as (to be perfectly frank) I'm more concerned about the driver and front seat passenger accommodation, both of which are excellent 8).

The rear accommodation should not be any real surprise as when you stand by the car, it does have a quite a low and sporty roof line. Another nice touch is the clam-shell bonnet, which closes over and around the headlights. The motor is set quite low and reasonably far back which must help the handling.

Anyone placing an order today is looking at a very long wait for the car - quite a bit more than 12months, according to one of the sales bods (though I guess they would say that).

I also took the opportunity to sit in a new Boxster; they have a delightful looking S in speed yellow which suits the car beautifully - in fact SY suits this model better than any other Porsche I've seen.

The Panamera Hybrid model is also rather stunning in white - a bit like the price tag: an eye-watering £112k for the model they had on display :eek:

Anyhow, thank you again Porsche Reading for the invite :)

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back