Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Garage door opener retrofit DIY.

Well i've modified the remote and installed it just waiting for the switch. Will see the what works best. Porsche must be wondering why this demand for garage switches !!

bertyw said:
Well i've modified the remote and installed it just waiting for the switch. Will see the what works best. Porsche must be wondering why this demand for garage switches !!

616aed9f-b9bc-4ec8-ac66-6233969303aa.jpg

bertyw - You will find it near impossible to work your way around isolating the common pin 4 - It's everywhere. You might get away with creating a 5th connection by cutting the exit point of pin 3's led across the pcb (right hand side of the top left of picture above) and routing a cable out of the body of the switch back to the lighting circuit. Let us know how you get on - pictures required.

Fitted and working using pins 1&2 with correct polarity. Led works and range is fine.

Just picked up my switch today. Am not liking the look of this....

~ Maxie :frustrated:

I happened to have some micro female sockets that fitted over the switch pins, used in miniature radio control plugs and sockets. Used just two wires from each side of the remote switch and connected to pins 1 & 2 works a treat. If you don't want to break the plastic and expose the pins in the switch then a trip to your local model shop may find these sockets or a small length of fine copper tube would slip over them, get some insulation as they are very close if using pins 1 & 2.

Chaps - sorry to raise this issue again. Are you literally stuffing the innards of the remote control into the over-head compartment with the wiring soldiered to the Porsche Homelink button?

~ Maxie :?:

Exactly that

As above, yes. I found there was enough space over the drivers side roof liner.

If you don't fit the original cover over it again before fitting, I suggest you get a sleeve of large heat shrink & put that over the PCB in order to avoid any live terminals touching anything.

rather than soldering to the switch suggest you use a connector - you can get from a model shop or your old PC CD/DVD drive connector will do. That way easier to install in the roof lining.

Cheers chaps for the additional info.

Gollom122 said:
rather than soldering to the switch suggest you use a connector - you can get from a model shop. That way easier to install in the roof lining.
Thanks Gollum. Will Maplin do those? How would it be easier anyway?

~ Maxie

If / when you need to replace the battery in the remote, being able to uncouple without removing the switch will help.

Yes Maplin should do it

Attachments

• 20140330_144409_small_197.jpg
    20140330_144409_small_197.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 5,292
DIY homelink and Gliderol remote in the for sale section if anyone interested.
Details in this thread.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back