Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Goodbye Tango. Hello Cayman R

Fuchs said:
you know what you need to do now don`t you?

:D

Yes, yes I do :D

Rob, the cowling was deleted on the Cayman S Sport and they have carried it through to the R. I think it is a much better look without it.

T8, My man maths calculate that in depreciation alone that car cost him £7.70 per mile :eek:

Nice one Dave, I've wanted one of these since I drove one a few years back, couldn't justify the extra 20k over the Tango S at the time though.

What happened to your S? I might be getting another one soon :D

anotherGT2 said:
Nice one Dave, I've wanted one of these since I drove one a few years back, couldn't justify the extra 20k over the Tango S at the time though.

What happened to your S? I might be getting another one soon :D

Hi Gav, 911virgin now have my old Orange. The R is now sitting on my drive and is bloody fantastic. Very, very impressed with the PDK and I think my fears of getting bored with it will be unfounded. If I want to use my left foot I still have the RS for those very special occasions. :D

Your Cayman R looks fantastic - I actually looked at this myself but the bucket seats wouldn't have suited me at this time - oh and you got there first :wink:

I'm guessing the orange Cayman S that 911 Virgin have/had in is/was yours, looks like it's sold even before photos went up!

How are you finding the R after the S and on a very irrelevant note, how do you find the R halogen headlights after your S Xenons?

Congrats with the R :thumbs:

renny said:
Your Cayman R looks fantastic - I actually looked at this myself but the bucket seats wouldn't have suited me at this time - oh and you got there first :wink:

I'm guessing the orange Cayman S that 911 Virgin have/had in is/was yours, looks like it's sold even before photos went up!

How are you finding the R after the S and on a very irrelevant note, how do you find the R halogen headlights after your S Xenons?

Congrats with the R :thumbs:

As previously said, I am very happy with the R. The buckets are fine, I am not exactly small and indeed some on this forum refer to me as BUFFY (Big Ugly Fat *****) but I am having no problem with them. The drive is quite different to the the Cayman S and will take a bit of getting used to, mainly coming from the manual and going to the PDK and of course the LSD. I have booked a day at Silverstone PEC to make sure I get the most out of the car.

Yes, the orange S at Virgin was mine. Whoever has bought it has a great car. The RMS was weeping a bit and this was sorted under OPC warranty 1500 miles ago. At that time I also had the clutch replaced and put new tyres on it. That car wanted for nothing.

Thanks for being slow on the R and letting me get there first :)

Dave said:
The RMS was weeping a bit and this was sorted under OPC warranty 1500 miles ago. At that time I also had the clutch replaced and put new tyres on it. That car wanted for nothing.

:x :x

Dammit Dave, I've just got the ok to buy a Cayman or Boxster and this car would have been top of my list :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back