Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SwissVax vs. GTechniq ?

njm500

Silverstone
Has anyone found a noticeable difference between SwissVax and GTechniq ?

For my past 2 Porsche's (Panamera & 991), I have had an independent SwissVax detailer perform the SwissVax (6-7 hr job) on my cars and the result has been amazing both immediately after and on-going.

I have also gone to an independent detailer as OPC offer SwissVax but they do a crap job over 1-2hrs and apply the cheap 30% carnuba SwissVax rather than the SwissVax Zuffenhausen Porsche paint wrk wax.

However, more recently i have seen a lot of the detailer using the GTechniq product which seems to offer a difference experience but equally impressive.

Has anyone had their 991 treated with GTechniq ? and experience vs. SwissVax ?

Cheers, Nick

Not really much help but I've started replacing all my Zaino products with Gtechniq and everything I've had from them has been spectacular , used the Gtechniq shampoo this morning for the first time and it's the best shampoo I've ever used ! Their polish is great , the wheel guard is awesome and the c2v3 is astonishing !!!!!!

Unfortunately, not had any experience to date of GTechniq on a 911, but my R8 had GTechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer and EXO v2 applied last summer.

Was absolutely amazing on the sepang blue finish. Really made the metallic flake pop in all light conditions. Cost £300 labour for a superb detailer (circa 10 hours) and £100 in materials. In terms of longevity, no discrernible fade in the finish to date. Money well spent!!! :lol:

Plan to go exactly the same route on my new 991 at the end of April. :D

Unless the paintwork is absolutely spot-on you are just comparing how good the fillers are. Get a good machine polish and then apply something to protect the paintwork.

MC

Go for Gard X :))
Just joking! Speaking to detailers some of them prefer G- Techniq, particularly if the car is not a garage queen (in terms of longetivity).

I had GTechniq applied to my 991 from about a week or two old,

Had the car for almost two years, when I sold it last winter had it parked up next to a 3 month old 991 vert. Let's just say his car looked grey compared to mine. And they were both infact basalt black.

Also had my 997 GT3 RS which I owned previous to the 991 C2S, great results on that also.

Highly recommend. :)

I had my car detailed last year and gtechniq applied. I don't use the car much but the place I notice it most is the wheels - they now need nothing more than a pressure wash to come clean. I think the prep is even more important with one of the nano sealants than with wax.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back