Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I couldn't wait any longer!...

kas750

Zandvoort
The car has been on sorn since October last year and I had a plan to tax it again in march..trouble is I really can't wait much longer and it has been quite dry around here the last few days.
So today I gave her a bit of a clean and took a couple of pics and on Saturday I will tax it again and go for a spin..i can't wait!!!

lovely :thumb:

kas750 said:
..... and it has been quite dry around here the last few days.

:envy:

All the floods that had started to subside around here have been topped up today and it's still lashing down.

My car has been road legal throughout December and January but there hasn't been a time when it hasn't rained for two consecutive days.

Two blats in December totalling 132 miles and three in January totalling 144 is all I've mustered. All 276 were done puddle dodging but most have had me going :D .

Very nice indeed! Don't worry about the rain. Our turbo lives outside whatever the weather :eek:

And getting the turbo filthy is so much fun :grin:

Enjoy!

Turbo

My turbo cab also lives out side and has been used all the way through and the hood has been down when ever I got the chance the roads are ok and with the 4WD the grip is still quite good its more a case of dodge the pot hole now at least the alloys on a Porsche are quite thick and strong my other car is a Smart roadster coupe Brabus a great fun car but as for alloys I think they are made from tin foil I've bent 3 in two years. The joys of British roads.

That's a lovely example!!!!!! :thumb:

Looks lovely, a great example.

Enjoy your drive! :thumb:

Good on yer :thumb:

Hoping it will be dry tomoz. Going to wheel her out if it is, getting withdrawal symptoms. Only done about 50 miles in her this year!

T8 said:
:envy:

All the floods that had started to subside around here have been topped up today and it's still lashing down.

I got the car out and thought I would fill it up then give it a light rinse and coat of wax ready for Wednesday.

Ended up doing a loop round through Cranbrook, Sissinghurst, Biddenden etc. Then needed a complete wash and perhaps some flippers!

Good fun but for the blind bends with ponds on them. I don't mind if it gets wet/dirty but I don't want to submerge it! You never know what's in the puddle and the spark plugs are awfully close to the floor for that sort of behaviour!

Must. Finish. Cleaning. Today. but would far rather be out playing today

Didn't quite get around to taxing the car in feb as the weather got a little inclement.. :oops:

Taxing it this month though!The weather is lovely right now.. :thumb:

I'm in love!!!..again!!!..I filled up with 80 quids worth of Tesco finest and had a run out in the beautiful sunshine.It still makes me shake my head in disbelief when I floor the throttle in any gear and feel the instant urge.It really is hard to get your head around.In fact on a couple of occasions I floored the throttle and had to check that I wasn't in 4th gear rather than 6th such is the instant pull in any gear and at any revs...Totally addictive! :D

Was the tax valid today :?: :cop:

By keeping mine 'on the road' I managed 289 miles of smiles in February.

My 'man maths' told me that as I was going to be paying 31p a mile for petrol the extra 0.8p a mile for road tax wouldn't be worth thinking about. :wink:

So I have done 400 miles in the past week.
Yesterday I went to OPC Bolton for a couple of parts and parked near to a 14 reg 991..Considering how much the looks of the 996 were lambasted I still think it looks relevant compared to todays model which probably costs nearly four times the value of my old turbo.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back