Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

I'm planning on brimming her with Shell's finest and enjoying a blat down to Wimborne on Sunday. Think my a/c may finally need the dreaded full monty so time to start saving for its annual trip to GT-One...

Insurance, storage fees and a service booked......and I wont be driving it 'till July (I live overseas)

1500 sheets later...

:?

Millomboy said:
New sheepskin wash mit.

I also had another socket installed in the garage, so that I can plug the Ctek in without running an extension cable around the car.

Millomboy said:
Millomboy said:
New sheepskin wash mit.

I also had another socket installed in the garage, so that I can plug the Ctek in without running an extension cable around the car.

It's the small details which count :thumb:

I'm doing the same thing refurbing my new (to me) garage. The socket will be on the "wrong side" of the car so I'm adding another :thumb:

New MOT yesterday and drove her to work this morning excellent :D

Car tax - the weather this weekend is too nice for SORN - can't have a cab and not drive it when the sun is actually making an appearance!! 8)

Changing the seats this weekend as well - may as well make the most of this dry spell...but I already had them so I guess they don't count...

Ok I guess this qualifies as this week.

Just dropped mine off to my trusted independent for the following:

Full Service, MOT and annual inspection, to include:
Oil and Filters
Gearbox Oil Change
Front Diff Oil Change
Brake and Clutch Fluid Change
Plugs
Fuel Filter
Oil Tank Sender Gasket

Plus whatever else they may alert me to.

With that and the total Brake Refurb to follow, she'll be in fine fettle :thumbs:

Nothomg yet but did rip ot my parrot head unit and stamp on it repeatedly.

RS door cards still loom ... need to get the GT3 ready first though for its jaunt into austria this year.

A 40 chf motorway tax sticker ready for when she come out of hibernation in spring !

:D

The story continues !,took the 993 to work, nice gentle drive after 3 months storage ,never done such a long break before but on the return journey I hear a gentle tapping which progressed to a clack clack clack 2 miles from home :sad:

I did the bottom hydraulic tappets 2 years ago as a preventative measure

I am glad I did as its the top sets turn now

:grin:

Thread to follow in April after the 964s trip to Spa in 2 weeks so back to bed for the 993 :?

Diddly squat!!! itI doesnt need anything except taking out to stretch its legs, which was duely performed in the glorious sunshine today!! :D :D :D

Dropping the car over the weekend to Jaz for:

- Major 48k service including spark plugs

- Air con service / top-up which comes free with the major service

Just got her back. :D

Major service,
right side cam covers top and bottom and gaskets (leaks gone),
belts,
gearbox oil change (so much smoother now),
Front end tie rods on both sides, was starting to wobble under braking.

Whilst she's been away the garage roof has been replaced with a posh new fibreglass one, very nice!

The bank manager wasn't to happy tho :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back