Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My blue C2 964 rebuild thread

Nice to see things back on track Pete :thumbs:
"Our" red one is in for a new clutch and major service next Saturday.

Hi Pete,

I'm looking forward to reading your new thread.

If you go for Bilsteins you may want to protect them with something once you get them installed, they don't take kindly to even the smallest amount of salt. I had to clean mine up and WaxOil them after a trip to Redtek last March.

Cheers,
Paul

crz21 said:
Nice to see things back on track Pete :thumbs:
"Our" red one is in for a new clutch and major service next Saturday.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have sold it to you if it needed a new clutch and service so soon.

Do you want your money back?

That car is ace, I shouldn't have sold it.

Paul said:
Bilsteins rust faster than a 70's Fiat

Thanks for the "heads up". That's not very good. I'll look deeper into it. Maybe Koni is the answer

PeterS said:
Do you want your money back?
You've got two hopes Pete :lol: Surely it must be worth £30k by now the way prices are going

I'm still at the buying parts stage, another trip to OPC Sutton Coldield and came back with these packages and a massive hole in my pocket.

af27b7f60ecacad9323c28f846a72fab_zps4fc9a158.jpg

+1 for Gert at Carnewal, great deal and so knowledgeable.

SteveJC

I bet i know which colour you "would" paint it if you decided to change the colour .. same as me no doubt it would be Red to remind myself of the Red Rocket :grin: you are not the only one Pete . Lets see if you can finish before Chief does .
Are you going for new wheels as well + Pete i cant remember seeing any photos of your finished engine and a comparison to the red cars engine . k

Pete , was going to colour change mine over next winter but also have decided to keep mine Baltic blue as after reading chiefs thread and his level of OCD and me going the same route with a colour change & then having to strip & dip the shell I would not see the 64 for the next five years with my work rate at the moment & not seeing the kids grow up!!
Going to drive it and enjoy it as it's not to shabby in its currant state :thumb:

Pete.

Don't worry I think the rest of your car is safe, it looks as though they were in the process of stripping it down so you're gonna need more boxes
:nooo:

Good luck,
Paul

Things have been a bit busy with my B and B and I haven't updated this much.

Car now has Bilstein PS10s and a million new bits, rebuilt calipers, and handles a treat after Chris Franklin at Centre Gravity worked his magic.

I will try and dig out some pics of the work and post them up.

However, the news is....

It's booked in for bare metal respray starting January.

Pete

Are you stripping it yourself or letting someone else do the tricky stuff?

I've already stripped and rebuilt once in the last 12 months.

This time I'm dropping it in whole, they will do the lot.

Excellent Pete :thumb:

Good job Pete, keep regular updates coming :thumbs:

In the last 12 months I've already stripped this and renewed a whole load of stuff, but not had time to post as I went.

I've got 134 pics of work in progress, so just a taster.

964-32_zpsad2c9c6d.jpg

Engine mounts were knackered, so bought some of those for a 993.

964-69_zpse2a26f73.jpg

Rather than simply reverse the triangle top washers I tried to take more of a Chief approach, and files them to the new shape required.

964-70_zps31419194.jpg

Looks and fits a lot nicer.

964-72_zps4a12c758.jpg

As I am doing this I realise this might get into a pretty long thread, most of which others have done before, so in a bit I will load a few shots so as to give a rough idea of the magnitude involved..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back