Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My blue C2 964 rebuild thread

You go girlfriend!
I'm sure there's a thread on Rennlist with full pictorial instructions on removing the floor mats.

So, after all the engine work and my Southern Trip, the Goodwood track day was not so kind to my car.

It's been sitting virtually unused for a bit.

Time has come for me to get it together, and get it ready for this years tour.

Continue on this thread, or start a new one?

My blue C2 thread. New beginnings.

After an extensive engine rebuild (see here: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=75669&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 )and a lot of fun blasting around Southern Europe with 911UK pals in 2013, I took my car to the Goodwood track day. A lot of fun chasing GT3's, but realised that the car needs a few improvements and taking to the next level.

Home and business things have meant the car has had to take a back seat, but I've been stockpiling bits from OPC, eBay and everywhere, ready to start again with it.

The box of bits is almost complete, so it's time to crack on with it, ready for the 2014 tour.

It's also going to having new suspension, just making the final choice between fully adjustable damping Bilsteins, and the cheaper ones. At the moment the car is on the original shocks, with lowered springs, so I am running out of suspension, and my car is handling like a go-kart. Even the cheaper Bilsteins will be a massive improvement, and is likely to be my route.

At some point it's going to need some paint too, and I was toying with a colour change, but common sense has prevailed and it's staying in its original baltic blue.

PeterS said:
So, after all the engine work and my Southern Trip, the Goodwood track day was not so kind to my car.

"the Goodwood track day was not so kind to my car"

That's an interesting spin on what happened.

Pun intended. :thumb:

Looking forward to following the 2014 thread.

Looking fwd to following the tour updates :thumb:

:thumb:

Hooray - it's that time of year again 8)

Looking forward to another epic thread :thumb:

rottenbend said:
Hooray - it's that time of year again 8)

Looking forward to another epic thread :thumb:

No pressure, then! I'll try not to disappoint.

:)

I think the colour suits the car well enough, although it is nice to have the option to colour change at this point in time. If you decide to change it'll be a never ending task and you'll end up doing a Red Baron job on it.

What work are you tackling yourself and what are you getting done?

I will get Martin Brown to fit the suspension and set up the ego, the rest of it I will be doing myself, except the bodywork repairs.

For that, I'll be doing all the stripping, for them to prep and paint.

Depending on how things go, and what progress I make, I may not get it painted until after Vienna.

I don't want Chimp pebble-dashing it.

Still looking for some 4 pot rear calipers.

PeterS said:
and set up the ego, the rest of it I will be doing myself, except the bodywork repairs.

Sounds like you've got a big ego already if you're DIY :?:

Hopefully it will be finished in 2014 :dont know:

It's about bloody time Pete!
I had almost given up nagging you.....

try gert at carnewal for your suspensoin i saved 400 quid on british prices delived to my door bilstein B6 AND h&R springs greens or reds what ever your chose

Attachments

• p640131_543.jpg
    p640131_543.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 19,638

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back