Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AB05XTR

40% of £15k = a nice little earner!

~ Maxie :grin:

Desmond said:
plavix said:

Sorry to seem bit green or naive, but what is that smiley meant to infer?

By coincidence my missus asked me that question yesterday.

It's a way of the poster making it known that he is waiting to see how the thread develops, normally in anticipation of something kicking off and/or a bit of fun (banter etc) ensuing.

Items on this sub-forum are normally prone to some interesting 'offers' . :grin:

:bye:

T8 said:
Desmond said:
plavix said:

Sorry to seem bit green or naive, but what is that smiley meant to infer?

By coincidence my missus asked me that question yesterday.

It's a way of the poster making it known that he is waiting to see how the thread develops, normally in anticipation of something kicking off and/or a bit of fun (banter etc) ensuing.

Items on this sub-forum are normally prone to some interesting 'offers' . :grin:

:bye:
Ok thanks for explantation. Could have taken educated guess, but nice to be sure! All the best!

Sorry I was late seeing this thread.

Is it still for sale, at the original £1500?

Do you still have a Porsche? Are you considering a 911 ever?

I thought Mistercorn gave you some good advice, so......

Would you consider a part-exchange?

PeterS said:
Sorry I was late seeing this thread.

Is it still for sale, at the original £1500?

Do you still have a Porsche? Are you considering a 911 ever?

I thought Mistercorn gave you some good advice, so......

Would you consider a part-exchange?
Hi peter. Thanks for reply. The plate is for sale , but as the advice has been that I have seriously underestimated the value I am going to ask that anybody interested would offer what they thought wa a fair price as if I had never guessed myself. So am open to offers and will leave it open for a few days for as many guys to see as possible. I think I have been fair and not just taken advantage of the kind advice and edited my first post. Therefore I will take it as it comes over the next few days and decide according to any offers. I hope this sounds fair. If you are willing to make an offer then great. I have had two boxsters and a 996 turbo. Just started a family so am going to the macan launch and may get one of them next. Thanks again

I think you have been taken in a little here, If that plates worth any more than 500 I will be amazed

For some reason I can smell a troll post...
happy to be proved wrong though

I am getting a bit confused now too. I know u guys seem to have a good laugh here, and take the p##s a lot, but I assumed as the posts were from moderators they were genuine advice. The plate is absolutely genuine and as I said am open to fair offers.

I were ever to sell a private plate, this is the last forum I would advertise it on!!!

To the OP, I happen rather to like it and whilst I'm not looking for a new plate right now, someone will want this, but probably not from this forum!

Best of luck.

The "Cherished" registration mark is limited to cars manufactured after 2005, to be honest it took a while to figure out what it was suggesting at.
You only have to look at web based cherished plate site to see what is available and at what price, and all are open to offers from the advertised price.
Most of the sites offer a free instant valuation on your plate via email; Which would beg the question if this is a genuine post, why haven't you?

There are numerous plates offered for sale that are closer to "boxster" available for significantly less than £1500 and that would appeal to a wider market, as they could be applied to cars older than 2005.

If this is a genuine thread then I would suggest getting an instant online valuation, then perhaps reassess your pricing.

Desmond said:
I know u guys seem to have a good laugh here, and take the p##s a lot, but I assumed as the posts were from moderators they were genuine advice. The plate is absolutely genuine and as I said am open to fair offers.

To Desmond, Maxie is a moderator BUT he's also a very naughty boy.

You'll find your plates value when people start to make serious offers for it. Until they do nobody knows what it is worth. Good luck :thumb:

To Maxie, :wack:

Ok. Thanks to the last few posts I have a realistic idea of where I stand. Will get a quotation from some websites and will leave the thread on here and see if anyone makes a genuine offer. Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back