Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993s at Silverstone Auctions today

What does 'Ex PCGB' mean?

Tell me it does not mean that it belonged to someone who joined an owners club or ran one. I thought the days of 'Club members car' and 'enthusiast owner' were gone.

Just like the mindless 'press car' or 'motorshow car' boast you see in the ads, like having 50 hacks thrash the balls off it in the first 5000 miles, or a queue of 1000 tubby runts with burger fat all over their hands taking it in turns to sit in it and tw4t about with everything for three days actually adds to the cars value in some way...

:dont know:

It's described as being a car once owned by Porsche Cars GB. You could well be right, but it's usually taken to mean either an ex-management car - in the days before they could dish out diesel Cayennes or big Audis to execs - or maybe Press. Which might mean it's been thrashed, but can often result in totally over-the-top maintenance. Certainly a higher spec to impress journos, hence me thinking it might have a/c.

Porsche is not known for dishing cars out to all and sundry and any mad japes by journos would have been done 20 years ago. Whoever owned it recently, and clearly set the car wash to 'stun', is probably a worse custodian for it than any hard-driving hack two decades ago.

"...was the property of Porsche GB". Any dealer buying these cars expects them to be tip-top and warranty-able in order to retail. Who knows.

stevewak said:
"...was the property of Porsche GB".

Gotcha!
:thumbs:

Surely every UK car was once the property of Porsche GB until someone bought it from them?
:dont know:

Ex-Porsche GB, never abused, obviously:

Attachments

• 993_march_1996_144.jpg
    993_march_1996_144.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 6,642
Violet car now sold, for £20,000.

stevewak said:
Violet car now sold, for £20,000.

Arse has fallen out of 993 then :dont know:

:floor:

Hi.
I was the lucky person who bought the coupe at Silverstone auctions. I didn't go to the auction to buy this car but ended up with it anyway. After spending a couple of days looking at it i knew i had to have it.
Apart from the obvious front end stone chips the car seemed to look good.
I checked the oil levels then drove the car home. All the way to Cornwall. 300 miles in total. The car drove perfectly with everything working except the stereo.
I have owned the car for just over a week and now done just over 700 miles. What a fantastic car.
I have dropped her off today for a front end respray. Ordered a couple of new tyres and some new headlight lenses. Cant wait to get her back.
Think i'm a 993 addict now!

stusmith said:
Hi.
I was the lucky person who bought the coupe at Silverstone auctions. I didn't go to the auction to buy this car but ended up with it anyway. After spending a couple of days looking at it i knew i had to have it.
I checked the oil levels then drove the car home. All the way to Cornwall. 300 miles in total. The car drove perfectly with everything working except the stereo.
I have owned the car for just over a week and now done just over 700 miles. What a fantastic car.
I have dropped her off today for a front end respray. Ordered a couple of new tyres and some new headlight lenses. Cant wait to get her back.

:welcome:

To the madhouse! :D

stusmith said:
Hi.

Congrats. :thumb: Sounds like you know you made the right decision. :D

I sure did take a chance. Not really the way to buy a porsche. I was lucky and it turned out good. My biggest concern was the color as at the auction it was parked in a dark corner. I was sure the auctioneer had taken the out the bulb above the car!! I was quite relieved when we drove it outside. It's actually looks good in aventure green.
For all those wanted to know yes the car does have a/c

Brilliant, well done, 'well bought, sir'. I would have bought that on spec - front respray will make it look great, I don't know how it got like that. The colour looked good to me, and full marks on the a/c. I don't think they catalogued that and missed a trick there.

Let's see some pics when you are ready. If it's an original Becker/Blaupunkt radio, don't bin it, get it repaired or at least keep it if you replace it with something else.

Congrats - also makes me pleased as I have bought two oldish cars without inspection and purely on 'nose' in last 12 months, including 993, and this would have been another.

Thanks stevewak. I will post some pictures next week when i get the car back.
It's the original stereo. I checked it against the codes stuck on the underside of the bonnet, so naturally will get it repaired.
As for the state of the front end obviously the cars in front had been driving too close!

Glad the cars you bought on 'nose' turned out to be good.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back