Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gap insurance

Did you buy your Porsche with Gap insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
clinchy993 said:
3 types of Gap

RTI return to invoice price, does what it says on the tin

Finance shortfall Gap ,will cover any shortfall between Insurance payout and paying off finance only

Fixed sum Gap this will be an ""up to"" set limit of money

My policy is a variation from this, a "combined vehicle replacement policy". Under this arrangement, the insurer will reimburse the financial shortfall between the settlement from the main Insurance provider and the price of the equivalent new vehicle (up to the claim limit set out in the policy). In therory, it provides slightly better protection than RTI as it will fill in a shortfall created by subsequent increases in the price of the new car.

For example, say the car is purchased for £65k new. A four year gap policy is purchased with a maximum claim value of £50k.

Four years later, the car is written off and the Insurance company settles at £28k. In the meantime, the price of the car has risen to £72k. In this case, the gap insurer will settle at £44k. In this case, a conventional RTI would pay out less than this (£37k). This policy was slightly more expensive than the equivalent RTI but, at only £299 for the four years, I was very satisfied. I hope that I never have to claim on it, however.

I should stress that the price was for covering the BMW, not the Porsche (this may well make a difference, not sure).

Hello, Gents...

Any one please has some details about the gap Insurance offered by OPC. What is their max claim value and any small prints please?

Thank you

I paid £570 for my 3 year gap cover from opc . Which wasn't bad I think :grin:

Any one aware if OPC or any other third party Insurance offer higher payout than £25K.... A new C4S 991 will be depreciated by more than this figure

glasgow said:
£570 is not bad at all... Was it a new car? what is your max claim value?

Its a used 997s gen 2 2010 model . I think it was £25k got the price down from £800
Picked car up on Xmas eve :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back