Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2014 Porsche [991] 911 Targa 4 & 4S

Maxie said:
I can totally see the point of it...it's a completely different looking car to the rest of the 991 range. Especially with the roof down and that clamshell rear window harking back to the days of the 964 Targa and beyond. Few cars look like it on the road.

targa-991-targa-framboise-img.jpg

I suppose paying £8k extra (over the equivalent Coupe price) for those looks isn't too bad. :dont know:

It must be all about the looks though as the list price of a full Cabriolet is only about £650 more.

Sadly I can't imagine the Targa being discounted for a while so I wonder how long it will be before it will seem 'very expensive' compared to the actual cost of a Coupe or Cab'.

Although I was expecting a 'modern' design of the classic Targa roll over hoop, keeping with the theme of a modern 911.

Even the 50th Anniversary car had retro touches but in a modern style

the size and design of the Targa hoop looks great but I'm not convinced the retro styling works....

911Targa-11.jpg

wonder if they would do a 'Manual' Targa top option, would makes a perfect GT3 Targa as the Hoop would provide excellent structural rigidity :D

I love this video.

No voice over, no annoying music: just the car. Car manufacturers take note - this is how to create desire - less is definitely more.......

I can see Porsche shifting quite a few of these. It's a very pretty car, I can see it appealing to many, particularly those that didn't necessarily see themselves in a 911.

Not sure I like the silver section down the middle of the car. They should have kept it a neutral color. Does it not look too feminine? It almost reminds me of a girl's hair band or (whatever you call those things) that they wear on their heads to keep their hair back.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back