Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2014 Porsche [991] 911 Targa 4 & 4S

Targa

Just been seeing the news on the new Targa and I had a question: what's the point of it?
Honestly, I'm not being facetious. The 997 version at least had a glass roof that might create a different atmosphere in the cabin. I just can't figure out why I'd buy this over the convertible.
Any views?
Thanks.

Re: Targa

porscheophile said:
Just been seeing the news on the new Targa and I had a question: what's the point of it?
Honestly, I'm not being facetious. The 997 version at least had a glass roof that might create a different atmosphere in the cabin. I just can't figure out why I'd buy this over the convertible.
Any views?
Thanks.
Acres of cloth, that leaks,
rattles and tears!!

agreed but damn it looks good

I can totally see the point of it...it's a completely different looking car to the rest of the 991 range. Especially with the roof down and that clamshell rear window harking back to the days of the 964 Targa and beyond. Few cars look like it on the road.

targa-991-targa-framboise-img.jpg

~ Maxie :thumb:

Still not getting it. Need to see in the metal. :?:

Fox Terrier said:
Still not getting it. Need to see in the metal. :?:

Working on it......

~ Maxie :wink:

I like it, I like everything it stands for but I wouldn't buy one. I'd much rather a 997 Targa to be honest or a straight rag top.

For me, it's like buying a car in a colour you know looks good but it's not a safe colour and it stands out a bit.

shake-em-on-down said:
I am smitten by it.

Me too! :cloud9:

It looks so right and loving the roof mechanism...very cool! Could this one day replace my p&j?

The looks of the new Targa is unique harking back to the original Targa, although I will say I like the 996/997 over the old 964 but the looks of this new one are bang on and I would go for one at some point.
The thing I don't like is the internal space, I can get a full set of wheels in mine, I doubt this will be as good an all rounder.

Just seen the video and am starting to get where it's coming from :thumb:

Love it! The 993 onwards targa with the panoramic glass roof was a great innovation and I do like them, but the return to the black roof panel, thick aluminium roll hoop and c-pillarless glass rear of old is just magic.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back