Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What next for 991 owners?

dipesh.tank

Currently have a 991 4S PDK coupe. It's a fantastic car however i'm going italian in March (458 italia).

Any 991 owners changing to another brand? Be interested to know what the change has been?

991.2 out late this year/early next. I don't know what the revisions are but early suggestions include a mild face-lift. I guess DAB may be standard, updated PCM and the steering rack from the 991 GT3 perhaps?

~ Maxie :dont know:

Maxie said:
991.2 out late this year/early next. I don't know what the revisions are but early suggestions include a mild face-lift. I guess DAB may be standard, updated PCM and the steering rack from the 991 GT3 perhaps?

Thats a bit quick ain't it? 997 was 4 years wasn't it from 04-08?

dipesh.tank said:
Currently have a 991 4S PDK coupe. It's a fantastic car however i'm going italian in March (458 italia).

Any 991 owners changing to another brand? Be interested to know what the change has been?

Congrats! A totally different beast! Is it on order? If so, what do you spec/colour etc?

niall said:
dipesh.tank said:

Congrats! A totally different beast! Is it on order? If so, what do you spec/colour etc?

yes its on order and currently in production and collect 1st march. Gone for the spec below:

Bianco avus
Scud sheild
Yellow callipers
Carbon fibre rear moulding
Diamond cut wheels
Large racing seats
Two tone red/black leather
Carbon fibre racing package
High power hifi
Rosso carpets
Horse on seat stitched in red
Centre stripe on seats in red with black stiching
Red leather headliner
Rear PDC
Nav
Contrasting stiching so on red parts its black and black on red parts of leather

It's funny, I often wonder where you go from owning a 911. For me Ferrari's are still cars that need lots of understanding and attention. Compared to Porsche which seem to "just work" and are at the other end of the spectrum. Of course, there are exceptions to this rule and the 458 is in my mind a masterpiece of both engineering and usability.

I'm only 4 months into my 991 ownership but already have an eye on what to replace it with. It's my only day to day car so a 458 is out, (for me it's not an everyday kind of car). Currently, (and this will change over the next 8 months or so), it could possibly be a Mclaren, an R8 or (most likely), a C4S with power kit.

I've had a few 911's and have changed brands many times, however every time without fail, I always come back to Porsche.

It's not that 911's are perfect, it's more that they offer (for me), the greatest balance of performance v usability v cost of any manufacturer. Add to that how much fun they are to drive and it's a no brainer.

Out of interest did you look at 911 turbo or GT3 v a 458?

997c2s said:
It's funny, I often wonder where you go for owning a 911. For me Ferrari are still cars that need lots of understanding and attention. Compared to Porsche which seem to "just work" and are at the other end of the spectrum. Of course there are exceptions to this rule and the 458 is in my mind a master piece of both engineering and usability.

I'm only 4 months into my 991 ownership but already have an eye on what to replace it with. It's my only day to day car so a 458 is out, (for me it's not an everyday kind of car). At the moment (and this will change over the next 8 months or so), it could possibly be a Maclaren, an R8 or (most likely), a C4S with power kit.

I've had a few 911's and have changed brands many times, however every time without fail I always come back to Porsche.

It's not that 911's are perfect, it's more that they offer (for me), the greatest balance of performance v usability v cost of any manufacturer. Add to that how much fun they are to drive and it's a no brainer.

Out of interest did you look at 911 turbo or GT3 v a 458?

To be honest i've moved from e46 m3, to E350 CDI coupe, to E92 M3 DCT, to C63 AMG coupe perfomance pack and now to 991 C4S PDK coupe so its been a graudual step by step movement.

I researched the 458 and found that it is a car that can be used everyday which i will use everyday without fail. I know its not going to be as reliable as the 991 but they do give 4 year warranty and 7 years free servicing so must mean they are quite confident in the day to day use. After the 458 i plan to get the Huracan.

I will without a doubt come back to porsche and have my name down on the gen 2 991 turbo S.

I can see where you are coming from. The style and performance alone are among the very best out there right now, (and there are some great cars available).

I haven't driven one, (the dealer here in Swindon did dangle that carrot), but if it drives even half as good as it looks, I might have to sell the children and get one. (Not sure I can get that one past my wife).

However, honestly a new one is a fair bit out of my reach. A lightly used one? Still a bit more than a used Mclaren and I think that would be my choice over a 458. I think the Mclaren is a great move from 911....

How did you find your Mercedes? I had a C63 before the 911 and I have never disliked a car more. Poor build quality and appalling customer (lack of) service means I will never ever buy a Mercedes again.

Maxie said:

Where did you get your info from Maxie? Is this a high possibility?

997c2s said:
Maxie said:

Where did you get your info from Maxie? Is this a high possibility?

I read from another member on this forum that an OPC had informed him about the 2014/15 next Gen Carreras. I know nothing of the revised spec but opinionated what I believe to be realistic. A facelift is a given (as we saw midway through the 996 and 997 lifecycles). Considering the 991 was launched in 2011 with a life cycle of 7 years, then late 2014 early 2015 appears viable for a 991.2

~ Maxie

997c2s said:
I can see where you are coming from. The style and performance alone are among the very best out there right now, (and there are some great cars available).

I haven't driven one, (the dealer here in Swindon did dangle that carrot), but if it drives even half as good as it looks, I might have to sell the children and get one. (Not sure I can get that one past my wife).

However, honestly a new one is a fair bit out of my reach. A lightly used one? Still a bit more than a used Mclaren and I think that would be my choice over a 458. I think the Mclaren is a great move from 911....

How did you find your Mercedes? I had a C63 before the 911 and I have never disliked a car more. Poor build quality and appalling customer (lack of) service means I will never ever my a Mercedes again.

Yes the macca a great move after the 911. The performance and technology is just out of this world on the mp4. Also agree about merc build quality which absolute pants. I had all sorts of rattles and creaking and the car was in the workshop around 5 times in 6 months however the 6.2 was a great engine. Customer service again i agree is crap. I've received a brilliant service from porsche leicester.

:thumb:

This is probably what most 911 owners (across the range) are compelled to agree with.

458.... Awesome! :worship:

458 is definitely on my bucket list :cloud9: but at the moment it's more likely that I'll keep my porker and get a 430 for weekends instead :grin:

I've very little interest in the current 911 with the possible exception of the GT3 (RS) - that's not to say I don't like the 991, far from it, just that it doesn't seem to offer enough over my 997 to justify the additional layout...

dipesh.tank said:
niall said:
dipesh.tank said:

yes its on order and currently in production and collect 1st march. Gone for the spec below:

Bianco avus
Scud sheild
Yellow callipers
Carbon fibre rear moulding
Diamond cut wheels
Large racing seats
Two tone red/black leather
Carbon fibre racing package
High power hifi
Rosso carpets
Horse on seat stitched in red
Centre stripe on seats in red with black stiching
Red leather headliner
Rear PDC
Nav
Contrasting stiching so on red parts its black and black on red parts of leather

Nice spec. Enjoy. They are great cars. Make sure you post some pics when you get it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back