Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 spec'd up

mrcityrunner

Monza
Just been on the Porsche configurator... seems like an essential basic spec on a 991 Carerra S comes in at just over 92.5k - wow! after having driven a 991 I think they are better than the latest 997 cars in terms of ride comfort and that amazing PSE sound compared to the quieter 997 PSE but the price differential just doesnt stack up (at all)... i think if i had about 95k to play with i would be looking at gallardos ;) *runs undercover*

Had a C4S on loan last week with a view to buying, it too was just shy of a £100k.
Great car, quality interior, left me cold. My mate had a drive and he loved it, remarked how easy it was to drive and how like his bmw it was, except really fast.
And that pretty much sums it up for me. Its performance is so accessible that to actually feel its lineage, its 911ness requires ludicrous speed on the road and I'm too fond of my licence.
My gen2 S is a keeper so my money is going on a classic, there's nothing modern I want (and can use in anger on the road). So 964/993 maybe even pre-impact for me. I have no beard, and I'm in my thirties so it's not an age thing!

I thought similar when looking at the price of a new 991 turbo s - with options you won't get much change from £150k which could put you in an awful lot of (used) exotic metal; gallardo, 458 and mp4 to name a few :grin:

Problem is none of them are what you might realistically consider daily drivers, which is why porsche can afford to price themselves up there I guess...

I hear you - the value is in the 2nd hand here (from a guy who has never bought a used car).

A well spec'd used C2S PDK at £69,990 makes a lot more sense.

yup - all about the 1-3 year old car ;)

Jamie said:
I hear you - the value is in the 2nd hand here (from a guy who has never bought a used car).

A well spec'd used C2S PDK at £69,990 makes a lot more sense.

agreed

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back