Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TUR 911R

I know what he meant, many a walk home instead of the bus when I was at school, thanks to the SuperDrug next to the bus stop selling the toffee ones for the same money as the 2 1/2 mile journey home :roll:

But I didn't see the mileage in accusing CC (named after the the fictional drug :?:) of popping Poppets!

Didn't really fit into the context of the rest of his "shopping" list either :thumb:

Having also studied Latin at school, perhaps I should point out the "purse" line was a joke too!

GT4 said:
Having also studied Latin at school, perhaps I should point out the "purse" line was a joke too!

Are you insinuating that some on here may not have been Grammar School educated?

Or even educated?

Or never even got to amo, amas, amat, amamus, amatis, amant!

:eek:

GT4 said:
But I didn't see the mileage in accusing CC (named after the the fictional drug :?:) of popping Poppets!

Don't worry, who knows what I've popped? we are into the pre mobile phone era here, where locations were limited to a rumour in a nightclub, cars driving round aimlessly waiting for a target, wastelands turned into small villages of diesel generators and tents, the lapping up of powder from some guy in a matt black former ambulance.

It's a wonder I escaped with my sanity.
:thumb:

PeterS said:
GT4 said:

Are you insinuating that some on here may not have been Grammar School educated?

Or even educated?

Or never even got to amo, amas, amat, amamus, amatis, amant!

:eek:

Not at all, I was merely insinuating SGM didn't get the spelling joke, and as that was the second such example of the same set-up in one page, I thought I'd clarify the first too (as missing the second kind of implied the first was missed too).

As I began the first part of my reply re: Poppets by way of an anecdote from my school days, I decided to round out the explanation of the "purse" line in the same vein.

Homosexuality,
Knobs,
Gay pride marches,
Chocolate,
Drugs,
Latin.

:grin:

If we are not careful here we might start attracting Catholic Priests...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back