Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiff does Bedford in a 991 cab + F-Type Jag

Roro said:
It's alright for a Jag :bandit:

:grin:

Hey, we're* all getting older :eek:ld:

*Technically, you are getting older quicker than me!

Richyd said:
Pedant mode - the Jag is an auto, not a dual-clutch unit.

I was interested in that, especially as the photo in the "Find out more about..." section (scroll to the right) looks very much like the guts of a dual clutch box. So I downloaded the brochure - which says:

F-TYPE's Quickshift automatic transmission is both lightning-fast and superbly refined, offering the benefits of a double clutch transmission and a conventional automatic without the limitations of either. Eight closely-spaced ratios keep the engine within its most effective rev range for longer, providing instantaneous response and outstanding driver feedback, while also optimising the engine for both economy and outright performance.

Tiff seems to struggle with it a bit in the video, but that was the very first time he'd driven it. He certainly didn't like the paddles!

At least the sequential shift goes the right way!

GT4 said:
Roro said:

Yeh, but you're like, 60 or something.

I like the Jag but a manual would be way more fun :pc:

.... But... Lets not go there...

Roro said:
GT4 said:
Roro said:

Yeh, but you're like, 60 or something.

I like the Jag but a manual would be way more fun :pc:

.... But... Lets not go there...

OK, here's the maths:

Q. Jimmy is 8 and 3/4s and Sally is 10.

One year later, how much quicker has Jimmy aged than Sally? [show your working]

A. In one year Jimmy will be 9.75 and Sally will be 11. Jimmy has grown older by 11.4% (9.75/8.75%-1) and Sally has grown older by 10% (11/10%-1)

The differential rate of aging of Jimmy versus Sally will be 1.4 percentage points or by 14% annualised rate (11.4/10%-1)

Ergo, Jimmy ages faster than Sally QED

Lol!!

~ Maxie :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back