Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 insurance quotes

Just about to insure the 997 looking through previous posts the best recent deals seem?

Bridle
Classic line
Aplan
Admiral

Anyone had any particularly good quotes? I'm old (ish) born in the sixties, low miles per year, approx 8 k, good postcode, off road in garage, never made an Insurance claim etc etc, no convictions. F***erooni I should be free to insure!

Plus my car will be 5 years old on the 1 st December so does anyone have agreed value on a newer 911?

SBSP

Give this chap a call

http://www.hendersontaylor.co.uk

Great brokerage and got me a very good deal. I paid a little more but the policy gives me 25% NCB at renewal whereas all the other 'standard ' classic polices give nada.

Very good for high performance and high end stuff I believe. Plus he's a Manc so straight talking :thumb:

I paid just under £400 from confused.com with AXA - there were cheaper quotes, but AXA is a bigger insurer.

I then did a requote and got under £300 - but haven't changed it.

Some good deals out there, but look at excess etc..

Getting quotes for next month. Me 42, wife 37 , married , 3 kids , full ncd , sp30 ,live in the country side, garaged day and night, tracker, uk bron ,driving 25 years. £419 performance direct. Over £100 cheaper than last year. :eek:

Aviva: Always given a good deal. :thumb:

Tried all the big players and the cheapest was Bridle @ £660.

Most were quoting between £800 - £1000.

Confused had the cheapest quote at around £300 but never heard of them and too much of a risk.

Dont mention you are an MUFC supporter. They are likely to load up the policy given that you actually have an address not too far from the ground :hand:

Went with Admiral multi-car last year, got their renewal price for my C2S and wife's Volvo V60 D5 for £330 & £380 respectively. Not too bad, but via confused.com, Axa would do mine for £250 and quotemehappy (Aviva) the Volvo for £270. Called Admiral to stop the auto renewal and they came up with a price that pretty much matched them so I stayed. They clearly do renewal prices with an assumption of what percentage of people accept it versus those who check.

Mines £900 from bridle fully comp for me and wife and includes 5 track days, where age 31 but not using any ncb as there been used on other vehicles with other insurers

Zingari said:
Dont mention you are an MUFC supporter. They are likely to load up the policy given that you actually have an address not too far from the ground :hand:

:floor:

Should be cheaper this year as you won't be going on a European tour
:thumb:

Churchill multi-car does reduces your bill by a good margin, but that's not much help if you have only one car.
I would recommend Gap Insurance too, as these days, the Insurance companies don't take into account the £10,000 of extras you may have on the car :nooo:

Rockunrolla said:
Mines £900 from bridle fully comp for me and wife and includes 5 track days, where age 31 but not using any ncb as there been used on other vehicles with other insurers

Should've added we're 20 years down the road with full NCD, no points, low-ish miles, garaged etc. Cheaper premiums are a nice feature of middle age, but the motoring costs that come with teenagers make up for it several times over :grin:

Just been quoted £235 with £500 Excess by AXA, via one of the comparison sites. Seems too good to be true, car is garaged and has tracker, 7+ years NCB, are AXA any good?

I will also soon face Insurance problems. I'm 28 years old and I don't have UK driving license yet (I've heard that after 6 months stay in UK I can just apply for one), but European driving license I have since 18 years old. I don't have a garage at home, but living in a small town 10 miles from Luton. If some one has a good idea where to ask would be nice to know.

amh said:
I will also soon face Insurance problems. I'm 28 years old and I don't have UK driving license yet (I've heard that after 6 months stay in UK I can just apply for one), but European driving license I have since 18 years old. I don't have a garage at home, but living in a small town 10 miles from Luton. If some one has a good idea where to ask would be nice to know.
:thumb:

If you have a vehicle licence issued in the EU, you can drive in the UK on a full, valid driving licence from another EU country until the age of 70 (or three years after becoming a UK resident, whichever is longer). After this period, you must exchange your licence.

You become a UK resident if you have a permanent UK address and lived there for at least 185 days.

Was with Admiral last year

This year went to AXA. Saved a lot of money.

Good company. Deal with them day to day as part of my day job as an Insurance Broker.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yarders
Back