Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 993 ownership 'Mohitos' map

mohitos

Here's something for a quiet Friday afternoon:

It's an idea I've taken from the 968 forum and has proved very popular amongst the TVR fraternity too.

You may not want the location to be your exact street for security reasons, but it will still give a good idea of how many 993's there are in your rough area, which can be helpful if you're trying to organise a meet or need some help with something.

ZeeMaps: https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=731119

Password: porsche993

Instructions to add your car as follows:

Click 'map access' top right

Enter password 'porsche993' and click unlock.

Click 'additions' and go to 'add marker - detailed'

Add your user name in the top box, and town/county. You may wish to enter the year of your car and model after your user name like this: 'mohitos (1996 - Carrera)'

As per Dom Morton's suggestion later in the thread, to uphold OCD standards, could people use the model descriptions as per the below table:

null_zps2facfc64.jpg

You don't need address or postcode fields if you'd prefer the location to be close but not exact for security reasons.

Choose the closest pin colour available to match your car

Click 'preview' to check and 'submit'

Hope you like the idea - if it proves popular, maybe one of the mods could stickie it.

Stuart

ps to any car thieves, my neighbour has an F40, you'd be better off nicking that.

Great Idea. Job done from me.

:thumb:

I'm in :D

Very good - job done.

My first post on here - recently bought a 1996 Targa tip in Aventura.

I'll post some pics soon.

T_G_M

OK, I'm in too.

Me too. :lol:

PS to any car thieves, make a note of my handle and avatar and take your own chances...........

Done. German shepherd now sleeping in garage!

This is great well done OP.

I'm in with my 1994 black Carrera cab. Sadly no others within 25 miles of my location but no doubt this will grow and grow.

I like this, but my OCD requires for it to have a standard model naming convention for the pins.

Can we perhaps mirror those of the build stats shown here?

That way we can see the % of the UK fleet are with the club by model/year

porsche_993_production_numbers_1561_204.jpg

Great idea, I'm if only to add a little colour to the map on these dark evenings :wink:

Great idea.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back