Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sean Edwards RIP

Nikki Thiim won the final 2 races of the Porsche supercup and took the title.
The celebrations were obviously oversadowed by the loss of Sean. The drivers were
wearing a sticker of Sean's helmet design on there own helmets during the
races as a sign of respect with the trophy being donated to the Edwards Foundation.

apw2007: you are a gent and have Mail :thumb:

I liked the idea of "giving" the title to Sean: however having thought about it, as a racer, he prob wouldnt have wanted a "gimmee"

Clarkey said:

I liked the idea of "giving" the title to Sean: however having thought about it, as a racer, he prob wouldnt have wanted a "gimmee"

:thumb:

I agree about the title but it showed how much Sean Edwards was liked and respected, especially for someone who was so young

Clarkey said:

+1

GT4 said:
tbrown said:
I do hope the championship goes to Sean, but on race results.

That really would be best, upholding what he raced for.

Otherwise it kind of undermines his own acheivements.

T8 said:
I agree.

If Sean wins it on merit - fantastic.

If somebody else wins it that person will have to live with people saying that it was the Championship that Sean Edwards probably would have won.

In that scenario, as the records will always remember the winner, perhaps a nice compromise would be for the actual trophy to be given to the Edwards family. :dont know:

I have 2 of the small stickers left and thanks to those of you who have already contacted me - yours are in the post.

If anyone would like to make a donation you can do so by making your cheque payable to 'The Sean Edwards Foundation' and send to the following address:

Daphne McKinley
Ref: Paul Ward @ The Sean Edwards Foundation
McKinley Spaces
64 Knightsbridge
London SW1X 7JF

Sorry for delay but have been away - I have received cheques from the following:

NickW
tbrown
senoj
clarkey
stuart
kas750
apw2007

Many thanks to the above and I will get them off to The Sean Edwards Foundation next week explaining who we are etc - I will post a copy of the letter here.

Update: Sean's mother called to say thank you for all your donations towards the Sean Edwards Foundation which they are in the early stages of setting up - the aim is to improve safety standards within the motor racing industry.

http://seanedwardsfoundation.com/

PS If anyone here is in contact with Paul Ward (a friend of Sean's) will they please send me a PM

Sean Edwards - 1 year since he passed away

http://www.seanedwards.eu/condolences.html

Hard to believe its nearly a year tomorrow since Sean died.

He could make a 911 "dance".....click on the link above.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

may he RIP

Wow that went quickly, I thought it was earlier this year :nooo:

I've never seen the results of the investigation into what caused it ?

He was one of the first instructors that I had in my first GT3 (at Brands with a group of people from here on 911UK in fact) and taught me the fundamentals of trail braking. He also took me for a pax lap in my car and my mind was blown by what he could do with a 996 on factory geo (complete with all the understeer) on a set of PS2s. I honestly believe that were it not for the accident he would have got a factory Porsche drive at the end of the season.

Huge talent and fantastic bloke, much missed by everyone that I know who ever met him. RIP.

Stuart and I were talking on this at a "geometry establishment of choice in the Midlands", the other day:)

You early GT boys were priveliged to have spent that time with him

I didnt know him - but Class always shines - the VLN video on the Tube is mighty impressive stuff

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back