Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sean Edwards RIP

Senoj said:
Jochen Rindt did it.

Great post stutts, very humanising as GT4 points out.

Porsche Motorsport: Make the final race of the 2013 Supercup Season a non-points race

Porsche, you have the opportunity do something rare and very special. We are asking you to elect to hold the final two rounds of the 2013 Porsche SuperCup (rounds 8 and 9 on November 2/3 at the Yas Marina Circuit) as non-points scoring rounds.

We believe that the rightful champion of the 2013 season has already been crowned, however he won't be able to attend the final race to make it a formality. Racers and fans around the world are mourning the loss of driver, Sean Edwards, who currently leads the Supercup Championship by 18 points, with 3 wins in 7 races. With a win being worth 20 points, and Sean never having finished lower than 5th, he was bound to be champion. If his nearest competitor were to win both races at the final round, Sean would only need to match his worst finish so far (5th) and the championship would still go to him. If Sean were to win the first race of the weekend, he could park his car and score no points during race 2 - and still be champion. Even his competitors can't argue: Sean Edwards has dominated Porsche Supercup this year. He deserves the title.

We want to make sure that Sean goes down in the record books as he was in the hearts and minds of his family, friends and competitors: a Champion. Please dedicate the final two races of Porsche Supercup to Sean Edwards, implore your drivers to race in his honor and put on a fantastic show for the fans. Pay them their prize money and hire the good ones to factory drives for next year. But do not award them any points.

Please, Porsche; make Sean Edwards your 2013 SuperCup champion and celebrate in his honor at the championship party in Abu Dabhi.

Thank you,

Racing fans, Porsche fans and Sean Edwards fans everywhere

https://www.change.org/petitions/po...of-the-2013-supercup-season-a-non-points-race

The late great Sean Edwards - funeral details

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110871

Given the fact that the last super cup round is on 3/11, many are hoping the title can/will be awarded to Sean posthumously.

He was the stand-out supercup driver this season, before he passed away in a high speed accident while coaching a young Australian racing driver.

The garage I use is giving away these stickers which I thought was a nice gesture

Attachments

• edwards_230.jpg
    edwards_230.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 14,324
apw2007 said:
The garage I use is giving away these stickers which I thought was a nice gesture

I'll have one if you can get some.

tbrown said:
apw2007 said:

I'll have one if you can get some.

Send me a PM with your address - I have a few of each, two size: 35x45mm or 70x100mm

I would like one of the smaller stickers too.

I've posted this rather than PM as I suspect a few others would like some too.

Perhaps a 911uk club buy with donations to Sean's charity?

Moi aussi, mon ami.

Clarkey said:
I would like one of the smaller stickers too.

I've posted this rather than PM as I suspect a few others would like some too.

Perhaps a 911uk club buy with donations to Sean's charity?

I thought of that BUT they still in the process of setting up a Foundation and we would have to send a cheque to the trustees - I can get details if you all willing to do so :dont know:

Andrew, methinks that we're all up for that.

Sounds good to me.

MC

Me too,happy to donate.

Update: I have received the following message from Paul Ward who is helping with the Foundation

We would be very grateful for your contribution to the Sean Edwards Foundation.

At this difficult time it is difficult to finalise the aims of The Sean Edwards Foundation, however, the early thoughts are:

1. Identifying and mentoring young up-and-coming drivers.
2. Campaign for GT racing that promotes and feeds a large manufacturing industry to be brought up to F1.
3. Involving and supporting Universities to come up with innovative new fabrics and devices that during crashes could make a big difference and save driver lives. R&D of new circuit materials.
4. Improving circuit safety and standards.

Kind regards, Paul Ward

Edit: Slight change in plan as it's been suggested I should get all the cheques and send them off together to make it a contribution from the forum members on 911uk.

I don't have many stickers but if you send me a PM I will give you my address for the cheque (The Sean Edwards Foundation) and I will send you a sticker

PARR took the stickers out to Abu Dhabi this weekend for the GT3 Cup Challenge for the other drivers for the tribute (stickers were made by the company that wraps their Cup cars).

I still have a few of the smaller stickers left (35x45mm) so PM me if you would like one and make a donation to 'The Sean Edwards Foundation'.

EDIT: Because the Foundation has not been set up as yet I'm not able to set up a Just Giving page so you will have to dig out your cheque book.

Attachments

• edwards_2_314.jpg
    edwards_2_314.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 13,889

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back