Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Digital radio

Gmullis

Hi I have just bought my first Porsche (997.2 C2S) having owned two M3s for some time. I am very pleased with the car and the drive is fantastic. One question I have is what could I do about having digital radio? I drive many miles and miss my fix of Planet rock!

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Graham

Welcome
And watch this space. I am doing some work for a fella who turns vintage radios into iphone compatable units that keep their original look. He also enables MW radios to receive fm and blue tooth.
From the few prices he gave me he is also very reasonable.
Bonus he also told me how to sort out the shite arial an a 996. (I'll let you know how that works when I've tried it)
Before you ask he doesn't have a web site. :dont know:

Thanks for info. I did not know whether there is some upgrade to the current porsche radio to make it DAB??

Cheers

I posted same question a few days ago, have been considering these two units as I don't have an Iphone etc, I play vinyl at home on my Linn LP12 :)

Pure Highway 300Di looks like a good value for money unit however you do end up with another windscreen mounted unit like an aftermarket sat nav

Just Connect have a unit "JustDRIVE" for under £200 fitted and everything is hidden neatly out of sight.

Both units have the facility to connect up an Ipod

I have the same taste in music as yourself and Planet Rock is the station I am after. I know they broadcast FM in the midlands but when I asked about the rest of the country I got a polite "don't know at this time"

I have had some advice from a techie at Bentley and he recommended the JustConnect unit as it is integrated with the existing car radio.

Have also had confirmation from them that it is compatible with 911 (mine is a 2009 997.2) £50 discount available until the end of October

Thanks for the advice. I will look into the integrated unit. Mine is a 2010 2S and the car is a fantastic drive.

Thanks again.

Graham

Gmullis said:
Thanks for the advice. I will look into the integrated unit. Mine is a 2010 2S and the car is a fantastic drive.

Thanks again.

Graham

Do you have a OPC warranty as these options may cause "difficulty"

No I do not have any warranty. I took the view that because she only had 12k miles that I would not take warranty out.

G

Gmullis said:

Thanks again.

Graham

Same here C2S Manual, every trip is an experience

May order radio tomorrow, have dropped enough hints to the missus about my upcoming birthday so it looks like Planet Rock in the kitchen, garage, office and now the car. Should sound good through the Bose system, will let you know

Rob

Welcome :thumbs:

Planet rock has an iphone app. Can you not plug your iphone in to the universal audio interface and listen to it that way?
I can do spotify etc through mine, can't see why it wouldn't work.

Yes the iPhone app works well.... But only when you have a G3 connection! If the O2 network was more consistent then this would be a good option.

Thanks

Asda sell a personal dab radio that clips on your sun visor for £20.
Use the headphone jack to connect it to the car stereo.

I have now had this unit fitted and it is brilliant, I would recommend it to anyone who is considering DAB radio.

The installer arrived early and was a really pleasant and courteous
lad who treated my car as if it was his own. Despite working through he rain the interior was left spotless and I cannot see a wire anywhere apart from discreet window mounted aerial

I also had the optional aux cable installed in the slot just below the AC controls so I can now plug in iPod

I did have a technical problem but the manner in which it was dealt with proved to me that they do know what they are talking about.

£10 discount still available:

http://justconnect.refr.cc/X3XD33K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back