Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front ducts

I fitted these yesterday after a few coats of arctic silver, they are a massive improvement over the dated spots, but the bulbs are a bit weak in comparison with those supplied by Tore with his HID kit..

chrisredhead said:
I fitted these yesterday after a few coats of arctic silver, they are a massive improvement over the dated spots, but the bulbs are a bit weak in comparison with those supplied by Tore with his HID kit..

All you've got to do now Chris, is weld a roof on.
That shouldn't be too hard now you've done the ducts.
Stock up with plenty of copydex, papier mache, and sticky backed plastic
Give us some photo updates as you go along.

Looking forward immensely to seeing it all going along and completed.

Good luck.

Stutts

chrisredhead said:

The LED units in mine are as bright and much bigger than the bulb supplied with his HID kit......

Here is mine with his HID and LED turbo duct kit installed

They are bright enough now to run sidelights as DRLs which I have been doing and they look cool :bandit:

Thanks for that Stutts, I was hoping you might have a spare sticker for my bonnet?
Great to see you at Goodwood, the missis said "what a nice guy" I'll have to review her contacts.. :grin:

madasasnake said:
cambjones said:
RobIpswichUK said:
This is the closest I've found (interesting silver ducts on a dark car)

Hey Rob, thanks for posting this pic.. I was considering going silver on mine also when I saw this GT2 at Goodwood. They really looked good.

I agree Cam.

I was discussing the same thing with Jontt as The Oulton Park Gold Cup.

I've been thinking about having them for a while and was thinking that I would have them as another "Steel Grey" accent like the wing mirrors etc.

Seeing the pic on the GT2 just reinforces you should do it on your Vesuvius special edition, if any car should do it this way it's yours :thumb:

madasasnake said:
I agree Cam.

I was discussing the same thing with Jontt as The Oulton Park Gold Cup.

I've been thinking about having them for a while and was thinking that I would have them as another "Steel Grey" accent like the wing mirrors etc.

yep you should definitely go the 'Steel Grey' accent like the wing mirrors, in keeping with the theme.

That is the only reason why I would not do mine, ie there is no theme of silver/grey... unless I paint the wing mirrors which will then just look wrong on an Ocean blue.

The GT2 can get away with it, well because it is a GT2. That one that Rob posted looks good as he's got the Porsche lettering down the side in a similar/same colour.

I think the benefit of going body colour is that it cleans up the nose on a dark car in my opinion.

Rob, the Porscheshop site has a low quality pic of a dark blue car

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalog/porsche_993_body_styling.html

here's another one

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzY4WDY0MA==/$(KGrHqNHJB8FHY!w4sheBR9qV2I0wQ~~48_20.JPG

chrisredhead said:
Thanks for that Stutts, I was hoping you might have a spare sticker for my bonnet?
Great to see you at Goodwood, the missis said "what a nice guy" I'll have to review her contacts.. :grin:

She's too good for you baldy, especially being so slim and sexy in that black outfit, black skirt and matching tights.

Thats you by the way.
Not her.

Fitted mine at the weekend, very pleased with the look.... apologies for the poor quality pics!

IMG_1266_zps177a91ff.jpg
[/URL][/img]

IMG_1270_zps1440a7c1.jpg
[/URL][/img]

IMG_1269_zps74245e63.jpg
[/URL][/img]

IMG_1268_zpsa00fafbb.jpg
[/URL][/img]

IMG_1272_zps0a6d48de.jpg
[/URL][/img]

stuttgartmetal said:
Been to see these Ducts this morning.
They are injection moulded plastic.
Far better than glass fibre ones.
Lot less prep to paint.
And a lot stronger, they really look the part.
Correct Hella spot as well.
Way better quality.

Went for the replicas - Order placed and has been dispatched

I've got the car booked in at Manhattan Motors in Coventry in November for the inner edges of the wheel arches to be painted to tidy up the stone chips and put some colour back in. Going to drop the porka off on the way the the Classic Car Show at NEC. Excited now .....

Newb installer here..

Can someone link me what connectors etc I actually need to install these?

Hi, got ducts back from paint shop yesterday, I'm presuming that one just tapes up the original leads from the fog lights as they are no longer needed. Would someone be able to confirm please.

Many thanks

jonttt said:
They are bright enough now to run sidelights as DRLs which I have been doing and they look cool :bandit:

JonnyG said:
I'm presuming that one just tapes up the original leads from the fog lights as they are no longer needed.

If you effectively delete the front fog lights but still have a functioning switch on the dash is this not now an MOT failure? The assessor is required to check the function of all lights fitted :dont know:

No this isn't a problem for the mot . You just need to remind the mot tester that you need to pull the front switch first (even though there is no actual fog light fitted anymore) before testing the rear fogs. Don't ask me how I know.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back