Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does anyone know this car?

silveradofox

Looks very nice. With AC as well :dont know:

Nice 80s classic , looks good but the 964 Garry has a link to is so much nicer IMO . best of luck :thumb:

I really miss my old sc..The smell,the look,the pasha trim(ok maybe not that :hand: ),Frying you on a hot day,yet freezing you on a cold day,the gearchange without a spring gate,the way that the front bobbed carefully following the road over fast undulating surfaces as if it was glued to the ground was all proper authentic 911..I would dearly love another one some day...I wonder where you are now GBG 590Y?

Let us know how you go on. :thumb:

The whole car is less than just the bodywork quote on my 3.2, so if all the work done has been properly done and not just 'spruced up' then I'd say it's an excellent buy. Make sure you have driven a few 915 boxes and they are a little bit quirky (Vicki hated mine), but not in any way a no no, they are light boxes and the choice for the boys that race.

Forget the 964 if it's a 3.2/SC that you want. The Impact bumper 911's are THE 911 that everyone will remember, the 930 is THE 911 turbo everyone had a poster of and still wants.

People will walk past fifty plastic bumpered cars at any show to look at a nice 3.2 or SC. After all, their daily commute car has plastic bumpers, parking sensors, coolant, sat nav and all that generic stuff that ordinary cars (and modern 911's) have.

It was like that at Gaydon the other week, a sea of silver/blue/grey later 911's to the point anything early, even in bad nick, attracted more attention, interest and desire.

Go for it!*
:thumbs:

*If there is any rust, it will 100% ruin you.

Thanks Chaps

The 964 does look really nice. Just need to convine the current wife that this is necessary expenditure!
Will keep you posted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back