Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911 Turbo and Turbo S cabriolets revealed

Yes you'll be hard pressed to find a better everyday driving proposition, but at that price point I would find it very difficult to ignore the more exotic and dare I say perhaps more exciting alternatives now put within reach :?:

The previous gen cars were almost peerless when they first arrived, so (to me at least) they made much more sense to a potential buyer.

Porsche have taken a huge gamble with their new model launch and pricing strategy...only time will tell if they have chosen the right path... :dont know:

NOBODY PANIC.

I like it - It's expensive, shiny and has big sparkly wheels!

AND it's a (very fast) 911! .. The Dyson's mean it'll clean up on the roads... :grin:

:thumbs:

chimp911 said:
Yes you'll be hard pressed to find a better everyday driving proposition, but at that price point I would find it very difficult to ignore the more exotic and dare I say perhaps more exciting alternatives now put within reach :?:

The previous gen cars were almost peerless when they first arrived, so (to me at least) they made much more sense to a potential buyer.

Porsche have taken a huge gamble with their new model launch and pricing strategy...only time will tell if they have chosen the right path... :dont know:

Yes I get the comparison but its always between a brand new 991 and a used McLaren/Lamborghini for some reason. Compare the two new and you are in for another £50k at least. Or look at the 991 when it's a year old and compare that with a 1 year old alternative.

Each to their own in the end, and for me, it seems like the complete package as I could not see myself in a McLaren or a Lamborghini regardless of price. 997 turbo s is the obvious "good value" alternative but I've been there and done that.

458 with descent options will hit over £210k so the turbo s 991 is not bad value compared to a 458. For £145k you get loads of options as standard. The 458 base price is £178k with jack all. I'm getting mine march 2014 and with my options it comes to £212k. This can easily be taken upto £250k so in comparision the turbo s is good value in my eyes

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back