Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust upgrade advice

wilpert

Indianapolis
I know I'm getting a bit carried away but I've always been a bit impulsive so I won't change now.

Anyway now i have my new Cayman, I was considering upgrading the exhaust system.

Who on here has tried just upgrading the rear section to something like Designtek by Design 911, they are offering a 50% discount on a remap when you do the exhaust so the cost would be about 600 quid for the exhaust and 200 quid for the remap, total cost with Vat under 1000 quid.
If youve tried this or something similar or better I'd love to know.
I dont want something that sounds massive but just a bit of an enhancement would be good.
Forgot to say mine is the 1st Gen 3.4s if that makes any difference to advice.

Thanks, Craig

Well please let me know how you get on, i have been trying to get a OEM sports Exhaust since May and i have now been informed that its now looking at Dec, if i am lucky and the cost (you better be sitting down) £2700 fitted

So i will be interested to hear how you get on.

Mark

PS 1st Gen 3.4

Hello Monkeyboy,
I think we are looking at different things here, I'm talking about tinkering with back boxes for a few hundred quid plus a potential ecu remap.

Not a full blown system. that 2700 pound job must be quite an elaborate affair.

A mate has a Cayman S and has installed a Carnewal exhaust.

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/main.htm

They are based in Belgium but do their exhausts on an exchange basis. There is a good thread on these on Pistonheads if you do a search with lots of recommendations.

I have to say that it sounds amazing. One of the best sounding cars I have heard, especially from the outside. I think it cost him around £400 including fitting so quite cheap really. Also looks stock.

wilpert I must add the price i quoted was only for the rear OEM boxes and a new switch on the dash to turn the sound on and off!!

I will watch and see how you get on!

Good luck

Mark

Blimey monkeyboy that sounds like a lot of money for just the rear boxes but I suppose it must be a decent bit of kit.
Plus you said switchable, my intention was to pi$$ the neighbours off on a more permanent basis. ie. non switchable but I think the set up that I'm considering is a bit more tame.

Design 911 have a soundfile of this system on their website, go to designtek and when you find the rear muffler at 587-00 go to more info and theres a small soundfile.

I suppose we could copy that and play it in the car :D

wilpert said:
Blimey monkeyboy that sounds like a lot of money for just the rear boxes but I suppose it must be a decent bit of kit.
Plus you said switchable, my intention was to pi$$ the neighbours off on a more permanent basis. ie. non switchable but I think the set up that I'm considering is a bit more tame.

Design 911 have a soundfile of this system on their website, go to designtek and when you find the rear muffler at 587-00 go to more info and theres a small soundfile.

I suppose we could copy that and play it in the car :D
Hi, did you get a different exhaust fitted in the end?
I would be keen to know what you decided to go for?
ive had my Cayman a couple of weeks (gen 1 3.4 s) & thinking about swapping over to something a bit louder but not stupid. Still want to get through mot & maybe a track day.

Hayward&Scott just fitted on mine, sounds great a nice growl not OTT.
Turbo a lot smooth on kick better performance.
However not cheap by far.

wilpert said:
Hello Monkeyboy,
I think we are looking at different things here, I'm talking about tinkering with back boxes for a few hundred quid plus a potential ecu remap.

Not a full blown system. that 2700 pound job must be quite an elaborate affair.

Yes it is that is why, you have to do your research. However its one of the best, IMO and in S/S last a lifetime fit and go.
No worries, each year come MOT day.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back