Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Drivers side electric window stopped working

Mark Houghton

Hi All,

Just joined forum after buying a white 1983 SC. Not concourse but only paid 8.5k for it. Needs sills and wing etc but otherwise its fabulous to drive and look at with an imaculate interior.

Has anyone had their electric window stop working? I've taken the door panel off and made sure the electric socket is still on etc. Passenger side works fine so can't be fuse/relay, I think. I can get a new motor but before I did that just wanted to check if there is a quick fix etc.

Thanks

If you can test the switch, with the other side it could be the problem.
If it is a cheap fix HOORAY.

Thanks for the reply. Forgot to mention I'd swopped the switches over and it made no difference. I've since read on the net that the most common problem is the regulator rather than the motor which rarely fail.

Anyone changed a regulator? Is it easy if the window is in the fully up position?

Turns out the motor had broken. Stripped door down and ordered new motor. Can't wait to fit it....not. Getting the old one out was not easy!!!

Window motor not broken in the end

Just for your information if your electric window stops working like mine did the problem could simply be the window regulator has seized up and just needs greasing. I took mine apart, which is a bit fiddley but quite easy, and checked the motor using a wire from the battery but couldn't get the motor to work. My advice would be don't do this as it doesn't work. Connect it back up to the door wiring and simply press the switch with the motor in your hand. Mine worked perfectly. Refitted it with plenty of grease on the regulator and hey presto!!! :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back