Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Red 964 C4 - The Next Chapter

:lol: It wasn't a pretty sight me sprawled across the back seat and legs out the drives door!!!

Had to point and shoot with the mobile as I couldn't see a thing in there without it.

Just need time and dry weather to tackle that rattle in the drivers door

Michael

crz21 said:
:lol: It wasn't a pretty sight me sprawled across the back seat and legs out the drives door!!!

Surely that's your girlfriends job!

:eek:

:useless:

:)

:hand:

:welcome:
just an observation, you must be driving on the wrong roads as the car is cleaner than when PeterS had it. It should be covered in horse sh*te , mud etc. :hand:

Grum said:
:welcome:
just an observation, you must be driving on the wrong roads as the car is cleaner than when PeterS had it. It should be covered in horse sh*te , mud etc. :hand:

No no thats when i owned it and it was ferret sh"t :grin:

Hi Mike, I've been a bit slow in spotting this thread...congratulations and it's nice to see Pete's car has found a good home. Keep enjoying it. :thumb:

Congrats!

Hey, well done on getting the car... she looks great.

Agree on the twists though, they are ok but not my favourite...

Progress report

Hi Boxsey & Jack.pe , thanks for your welcome

So this weekend I finally got round to fixing the very annoying rattle coming from the driver's door.
Stripped the door down and with the help of Peters earlier post, identified a loose bracket on the window regulator.
This has to be accessed through the lower speaker recess with the window in the down position.

9894178484_f3d887ac82.jpg

All nice and tight now and rattle free

As it was such a lovely day yesterday we headed off round the Antrim coast to Torr Head and clocked up 180,000miles :thumbs:

9894279563_f498477bde.jpg

9894153055_a9e2a19cd3.jpg

So the verdict after 23days and just over 1000miles in my ownership is that i should have done this years ago

:cloud9:

Michael

Michael its great to be able to watch the progress / life story of the car, and CONGRATS on taking her / him / it over 180000 :clap: :thumb:
will email those other shots over . Keith

Nice work. I am slightly :oops: that it had come loose again, but it's good to do anyway as the more you play with these, the more you love them.

It's amazing how much pleasure curing a rattle brings.

Keep it up.

At some stage there is a plastic membrane that wants sticking over the door panel to keep it water-tight. However you need to get all those other jobs done that will need it pulling off first, so don't bother until you have repainted the door handles etc.

They are missing off mine for exactly the same reason.

Smashed Wing Mirror

Sorry folks that this is a bit off topic, but i just need to vent a bit of rage.

Came out of the house this morning to find the drivers wing mirror on the A4 smashed into several pieces.
As it was dark yesterday when i got home i didn't notice it, so i don't know exactly when it was wrecked.

to say i'm angry is an understatement!!! that some B****** will do this to someones property and then drive off.
if i ever find out who did it, i swear i could end up doing time :gunfire:

I have a couple of the metal outer covers for a flag mirror kicking about the garage somewhere (in black) so would need painted if yours is knackered,your welcome to it FOC if you need one.

Gaz

hi Gaz
it's the mirror on my Audi and not the 964 that's been wrecked

But thanks for the offer

aaah didnt spot the clue when you mentioned A4 :oops: now of no interest to me its only an Audi :D

aaah didnt spot the clue when you mentioned A4 :oops: now of no interest to me its only an Audi :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back