Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Freddie44's / London Classica - 997.1 GT3 CS running report

T8 said:
Now get yourself on the Goodwood track day - a place has just come up.

It's my godsons christening that weekend but lets see which day yet! I don't think his dad - a big Fiat Coupe man - would be too happy with my excuse :x

freddie44 said:
I don't think his dad - a big Fiat Coupe man... i know.. - would be too happy with my excuse :x

Fiat Coupe? Nothing wrong with that! Still captures my attention when I see one on the road. Great cars, I'd love to have a drive of the 20v Turbo LE one day.

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
As for the wheels, yes black (ask Roro from the 911uk Styles Team for advice on which back tho'...!) but left with the silver rim on the circumference to emphasise its presence (otherwise black wheels just get lost with the tyres imo).

I also thought to leave the rim silver but then I look at this and think it looks perfect. I love simplicity so nothing else changed at-all bar the wheels:

[/quote]

Attachments

• photo_471.jpg
    photo_471.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 41,616
Maxie said:
freddie44 said:
I don't think his dad - a big Fiat Coupe man... i know.. - would be too happy with my excuse :x

Fiat Coupe? Nothing wrong with that! Still captures my attention when I see one on the road. Great cars, I'd love to have a drive of the 20v Turbo LE one day.

~ Maxie

I know they are one of the best bargains of our roads - a Pininfarina designed beauty.. (this is him on his stag do at Le Mans a few years back)

Attachments

• dscf1828bbbbb_554.jpg
    dscf1828bbbbb_554.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 41,613
Looks great in white, and I think black wheels would set it off nicely (bit meaner look)! :thumb:

Ducky said:
Looks great in white, and I think black wheels would set it off nicely (bit meaner look)! :thumb:

+1

Having run a GT3, they are pinnacle of road track cars, it will be an experience that you will want to last forever

Clubsport Spec :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ducky said:

Nice one and def the overall consensus is for black rims.

She's tucked up at home now. I'll be heading out to make sure she's ok though shortly :grin:

911UK peeps :thumb:

I checked the little original Porsche plastic bag my spare key/tracker fob is in and it says 'Carrera white' GT3..

Are you lot having me on? :)

Well done Freddie big congrats that looks superb. So much more than a C2S!

Glad Mark and Jamie sorted you out, makes the experience even better when there's nothing to stress about.

ATB

You don't need me to tell you that's a great looking car do you? You do? Okay that's a great looking car chap! :floor:

Wheels? Well, either you're a "this is the factory approved colour scheme" man or you're a bit more independently minded. I think black wheels always get lost and personally would be looking at something bolder such as red, gold, or yellow. You know how when you get older you start to lose your sense of smell and the taste buds in your mouth only respond to strong flavours? Well, I'm sorry, but it seems to be happening to my visual sense.

:floor:

freddie44 said:
911UK peeps :thumb:

I checked the little original Porsche plastic bag my spare key/tracker fob is in and it says 'Carrera white' GT3..

Are you lot having me on? :)

The touch up paint is carraraweiss (B9A. 911 095 932 20 B9A) - named after the Italian marble, not the 911.

My car is up for sale and listed as "carrera" white, so even the OPC's get it wrong!

Freddie,

I am on my 2nd GT3 CS after ventures with Boxster S/CaymanS / C2S & 997 Turbo
In my experience, after trying the Squeeze in / Rollin / Roll out method, I find the best Entry / exit is now to rack the seat back manually to rear position then ' Roll out / Roll In & reverse method to driving position. This prevents the ungainly entry & exit that so many Bystanders love to comment on and makes it more dignified for us ' Slightly older ' enthusiasts. Then again if you are buiolt like a racing snake then maybe you can manage jujst the ' Roll In / Roll out ' method ....!!

Your car looks ace in White, I know exactly how you feel in it , i can remember my first day in my first GT3

i spent a long time looking for my first GT3 in White but eventually bought a Meteor Grey car .... now on my 997 Gen 2 Guards Red beast .... somehow the 991 PDK car isnt for me ...!!

Attachments

• 2012_03_13_014618_1_171.jpg
    2012_03_13_014618_1_171.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 7,588
911TEL said:
Freddie,

I am on my 2nd GT3 CS after ventures with Boxster S/CaymanS / C2S & 997 Turbo
In my experience, after trying the Squeeze in / Rollin / Roll out method, I find the best Entry / exit is now to rack the seat back manually to rear position then ' Roll out / Roll In & reverse method to driving position. This prevents the ungainly entry & exit that so many Bystanders love to comment on and makes it more dignified for us ' Slightly older ' enthusiasts. Then again if you are buiolt like a racing snake then maybe you can manage jujst the ' Roll In / Roll out ' method ....!!

Your car looks ace in White, I know exactly how you feel in it , i can remember my first day in my first GT3

i spent a long time looking for my first GT3 in White but eventually bought a Meteor Grey car .... now on my 997 Gen 2 Guards Red beast .... somehow the 991 PDK car isnt for me ...!!

Thanks 911TEL and your Gen 2 looks fantastic - I do love the wheels you get with that and the extra hike in power must make it all extra ridiculous.

I've driven my car to work again which has (again) made everyone laugh as I keep saying they need to have a good look as it wont be coming in much... I cant help it tho.. I just want to drive her!

Thanks for the seat advice too, I'm OK, its more the passengers who seem to just fall in.. they only do it once mind :D

Chris - I'll defo be in touch when I've saved up some more coffers 8)

nsm3 - cheers for that. I believe you but still find it odd that Porsche stamped my toggle thing with the wrong spelling for their own paint colour..

tikkathree - I like you - you're mad :thumb:

I'm off to get her washed :thumb: :thumb:

Porsche News said:
and dont forget you can tuck the centre harness underneath the seat form by simply lifting it in and out of place (velcro mounted)

The old owner showed me the tucking technique and also the fact the harnesses can be threaded back through the carbon fibre beauties and laid to rest in the rear bum holes (the bit where the rear seats could be.)
It's yet another reason why for me its just the best thing ever - so multi talented :thumb:

I wondered if I would need to up the exhaust note a notch but I have to say she's pretty dam good out of the box. Perhaps in the future I may want too but for now she sounds awesome when provoked :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back