Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Freddie44's / London Classica - 997.1 GT3 CS running report

freddie44

First things first: a massive thanks to Mark Pearce at Stirling's and Jamie Garside at Eurolease for working during bank holiday hours to get this deal done. Would recommend them both until the cows come home! Brilliant service.

I've only had the car for 19 hours but I just can't believe how different a beast she is to the C2S. I feel foolish for saying that now but it was always a worry it would be a C2S turned up a notch or two and I wouldn't notice the difference for all the hassle it's caused...

Massively wrong. I feel she's a proper race-car and I can also now see why the new GT3 is aiming at the McLaren's and 458's of this world - it all makes sense now...

I'm still getting used to the rev counter having 5k in the middle of the display and actually letting her rev all the way to 8600! I look forward to perfecting this :D

As for Club Sport spec I just had to have this - just look at those seats..
They're also not uncomfortable in the slightest. Personally speaking this was a must as was the colour white. I also loved this examples coloured centre consol bit in white - just how I would have spec'd her at the Porsche dealer.

I'm so pleased. When time permits I look forward to seeing some of you fine chaps at events over the coming years.
Also a trip to the South of France must surely be the next step for me :)

Do we think black wheels or not? I might leave it for a minute and see...

Cheers everyone :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• photo8_433.jpg
    photo8_433.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 45,735
  • photo7_188.jpg
    photo7_188.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 45,735
  • photo6_157.jpg
    photo6_157.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 45,735
That looks fantastic :thumb:

MC

A big beaming smile is coming through with your words, no need to ask just how happy you are.
Once you've tried sports seats nothing else will do.

Black wheels.

I think so too.

Black wheels Mine was ordered from the factory with black wheels and the clear stone protector was replaced with black version. :thumb:

Attachments

• sam_2066_183.jpg
    sam_2066_183.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 45,696
Very nice indeed :thumb:

Are you sure it is Carrera white, and not Carrara white? I know, stupid idea having a colour which looks like a misspelling of a model name. It will all be different when they put me in charge.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Are you sure it is Carrera white, and not Carrara white? I know, stupid idea having a colour which looks like a misspelling of a model name. It will all be different when they put me in charge.
It's Carrara White. :wink:

MisterCorn said:

MC

Amazing - I obv always read straight over the 'a'

I will need to double check when I get home later on mind :)

My June 2007 is Carrara white. :thumbs:

As you enter the GT3 - with these club sports seats - its very easy to kinda jump in. Big mistake. The seats are as forgiving as a small girl and every passenger who has entered thus far has left with severe bruising. :D

"Roll in" "Yes, that's it" I now say :D

Is it nearly lunchtime? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Very nice, great spec :thumb:

Well jel as they say (apparently)

Congrats Freddie - she looks amazing. This GT3 lark is slowly but surely beginning to bite me on the backside. I still have the same precept as you did in that it's just a jumped up C2S....?

As for the wheels, yes black (ask Roro from the 911uk Styles Team for advice on which back tho'...!) but left with the silver rim on the circumference to emphasise its presence (otherwise black wheels just get lost with the tyres imo).

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh one day. No doubt you're going to make use of the sunny weather we have forecast for the rest of the week!

~ Maxie :thumb:

2009-Black-Porsche-911-997-Carrera-4-Coupe-S-2dr-1-300px.jpg

porsche-911-coupe-petrol_12477368.jpg

997_GT2_Carrara_White_001.jpg

Very nice :thumb:

Now get yourself on the Goodwood track day - a place has just come up.

Thanks Maxie :thumb: - it is like 'chalk and cheese' as they say. I was always very respectful of my C2S but this is on another level. Perhaps it's just early days at the mo but I feel like it demands serious respect from the driver.

First full tank going in at lunch..

Attachments

• petrolstop1_111.jpg
    petrolstop1_111.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 45,605

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back