Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

7:37,9 - Hot Lap with the new Porsche 911 Carrera S

Through Plantzgarten 3 he takes his left hand off the wheel....are you
sure ? :roll: .....

nice lap though :grin:

7:37,9 - Nurburgring Hot Lap in [991] 911 Carrera S

Porsche has released this video of its 298 kW (400 hp) 991 Carrera S attacking the fabled Nurburgring last week. With racing driver Timo Kluck piloting the car around the Green Hell.

The S managed an impressive time of just 7 minutes and 37.9 seconds. To put that into perspective, that's faster than the 997 Turbo (7:39), so just imagine what the 991 GT3 will be capable of.

Attachments

• 1_991_cs_ring_120.jpg
    1_991_cs_ring_120.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 10,409
coming back to this subject, I find the time if carrera S really interesting relative to the GT3. So the GT3 with:
about 30KG more
75 bhp more power
quicker pdk
rear wheel steering
wider body
etc....

is only 11/12 seconds quicker than a S !!! :?: :?
Even if this S had the power pack(don't think it did), slicks, carbon discs, no options
I've often thought, because I need the rear seats, I could spec a 991S with X51/carbon discs/-20mm + lsd/light seats/MANUAL BOX (which would make it about 60kg lighter tha GT3) and be may be 5k cheaper than a GT3, yet still give a good run for money....
I know it'll depreciate like a stone and won't have the essential badge, but it will be manual :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back