Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Google chrome firefox : Malware Alert - Updated & FIXED

I kept getting same warnings on my mac & on my work pc, now I can see
"Site Lock Malware-Free" bottom right of webpage :?

FYI
Right! It's 9.30pm

Chrome is still showing malware.

Up until 9.15 I was on firefox, just shut down due to threat risk.

IE is the same 'threat detected'.

All three browsers throw it out as viral on three seperate devices with emptied historys, cookies and flash cookies.

So the blackberry is the only device in our house I can see the forum on right now.
:?:

Is someone attacking the site?
:?

I had the same trouble this afternoon manged to swerve the obstruction via inter net explorer

The Google system update does take up to a day to refresh, therefore the system block from Google remains.

The site has been through detailed site scanning and we have been given the all clear, we are just awaiting an update from Google, to verify the Malware Free Status.

The installation of the Site Lock active malware check process was one of the steps the site has taken to avoid such an incident occurring again.

Hackers and spammers do use some very clever and complex tools to attack sites, so we ensuring that we are better prepared for any such situation.

The Current Estimate Google Block release is at 0500 Hrs tomorrow morning at the earliest, however this could still in place 24 hours after that!

911UK said:
UPDATE 5pm 18-6-13

The issue is now resolved, we have fixed the problem that was causing the Malware alert and the subsequent Google Block (although this will be in place for up to a further 10-24 hours as their Google review is being conducted).

We have been assured that the site is 100% clean and that normal service is now resumed, with the Google warning excepted to update within the next 6-10 hours.

The Attachment Function will still remain offline.

We have increased our site security measures to ensure that this does not happen again, with further updates to be applied to ensure Site Security is top priority for all of our users.

I've just logged back on and (as per this morning) Bullguard is still blocking me.

T8 said:
I've just logged back on and (as per this morning) Bullguard is still blocking me.

We can only assume that Bullguard has not yet picked up the Google update ?

We will look into this.

So now.....how annoying is the 'SiteLock' indicator lower right on phone screen ???

Is it possible to re-site the SiteLock icon on the bottom right? It obstructs text in threads.

On a different note, it is possible to add spell check before submiting a discussion/reply? I hit the wrong buttons easily on the laptop and after wards realise typos. People must think I'm a dim with but I'm not. Just type quick and hit submit and then see loads of typos - wrong keys adjacent to the one I should have pressed.

cheshire911 said:
Is it possible to re-site the SiteLock icon on the bottom right? It obstructs text in threads.

On a different note, it is possible to add spell check before submiting a discussion/reply? I hit the wrong buttons easily on the laptop and after wards realise typos. People must think I'm a dim with but I'm not. Just type quick and hit submit and then see loads of typos - wrong keys adjacent to the one I should have pressed.

We're looking at options on how we display web site security, thanks for the feedback.

Further to feedback to site usage on tablet devices, the Malware protection badge has been repositioned to a fixed location that is no longer in way of other site function.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back